What is your PSR?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, why do you break on the left side of the rack for one pocket? It's a question, not a critique.

To me, it always seemed strange for a right hander to pick the other side which is often done and im the same way because I figure there must be a reason. Easier to bank from that side or something?

Yeah, I know its contrary to the common wisdom but the reasons are pretty simple: I like breaking to that side; I get a better, more accurate break from that side; and I've taught myself to shoot shots I can't reach righty, left handed.

Now, having said all that, during my match with John I did miss several left handed shots, and at one point I passed by where Mike, my backer, was sitting, and he put his head in his hands and said, "Please. Don't shoot any more shots left handed."

It was funny moment, probably funnier for me than him. So then I started using the bridge.

Since that match I've gotten a lot better shooting southpaw :)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many thanks.

No problemo.

BTW, there was some pretty serious photoshopping going before, during, and after. Enjoy.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 1013841_10153799904260037_515712464_n.jpeg
    1013841_10153799904260037_515712464_n.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 125
  • FIGHT.jpeg
    FIGHT.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 107
  • JB Pays Off.jpg
    JB Pays Off.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1863.jpeg
    IMG_1863.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 105

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LMAO the hand of God pic.

I wonder if John made a match of it in the other 3 videos. I guess I'll have to watch.

Lou, so it's about a reach advantage for righties on the traditional side?

I used to have a perfect break and ever since I straightened out my game, I scratch most of the time but I have broke maybe 10 times in the last 6 months because I practice mostly.

It bothered me enough though that I racked the balls and tortured the first two breaks fat and then the third final break, i now understood the alignment and max spun it, that it hugged the rack angle so close after thinning the head ball, it reversed off the bottom rail and almost went back into the stack. I didn't mean to do that exactly but I wouldn't have thought that is possible. Pretty sick.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LMAO the hand of God pic.

I wonder if John made a match of it in the other 3 videos. I guess I'll have to watch.

Lou, so it's about a reach advantage for righties on the traditional side?

I used to have a perfect break and ever since I straightened out my game, I scratch most of the time but I have broke maybe 10 times in the last 6 months because I practice mostly.

It bothered me enough though that I racked the balls and tortured the first two breaks fat and then the third final break, i now understood the alignment and max spun it, that it hugged the rack angle so close after thinning the head ball, it reversed off the bottom rail and almost went back into the stack. I didn't mean to do that exactly but I wouldn't have thought that is possible. Pretty sick.

Yes, if you shoot to the left pocket there are many shots that are awkward to reach if you're right handed.

Lou Figueroa