Who are your top three favorite pro players?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Of those who currently compete, my top three personal favorites are Dennis Orcullo, Niels Feijen, and Ralf Souquet

Of those who have retired from competition and/or died, my top three personal favorites are Efren Reyes, Irving Crane, and Nick Varner.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

1 - Hsu Kai Lun
2 - Filler
3 - Ko Pin Yi

4 - Liu Haitao
5 - Ko Ping Chung
6 - Chang Yu Lung
7 - Kaci
8 - SVB

old

1- Reyes
2 - Alcano
3 - Strickland

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Current: SVB, Melling, Souquet
All Time: Mizerak, Reyes, Buddy Hall

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
All-time

Eddie Taylor
Bugs Rucker
Buddy Hall

Current

John Brumback
Alex Pagulayan
Shannon Daulton

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Lassiter
Crane
Reyes
Eddie Taylor
Brumback
Strickland

and that's all I gotta say about that.

hank

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler
Shaw
And as a result of this years turning stone, strickland instead of svb.
Didnt like the move svb made on johnny archer. And strickland was dyno mite.

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
One Pocket : Alex Pagulayan - Justin Cone - Cliff Joyner - Shannon Daulton - Billy Incardona

9/10 Ball : Alex Pagulayan - Eklent Kaci - Joshua Filler - James Aranas

Barbox : Dave Matlock - Jimmy Wetch

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Cicero Murphy / Jason Shaw/ Earl

If Cisero Murphy is your favorite, spell his name correctly, LOL. Cicero was a Roman orator in the days of Julius Caesar. Then again, Murphy's best pool was played about fifty years ago, so we'll have to give you a pass on this one. Seriously, though, Murphy was one fine player. Nice to see his name mentioned here.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All time favorites: Harold Worst (cool, calm and deadly), Ronnie Allen (exciting, entertaining and oh so creative), Eddie Taylor (I'd walk a mile to watch him bank those balls). Then there's Keith and Louie Roberts - I had so much fun sweating both of them. Keith is an American original and the best clutch shooter of difficult shots ever. Louie had more charisma in his little finger than anyone playing pool today. He was mesmerizing. Okay I cheated, just a little. :wink:

Current players: Wu (simply the best pool player I've seen in the last 25 years), Dennis Orcullo (He knows how to win, and is fearless), Shane (has carried the torch for the USA for a long, long time single handed). I'll cheat here too. I also loved watching little Jose Parica slay every pool giant that came his way, including Earl, Sigel and anyone else who wanted a piece of him. Efren just because he baffled me more than anyone else I ever watched play.

One other player I have to mention was Yang during his prime years. He raised the game of Pool to another level. I loved watching him analyze shots when there was nothing there and create a run out from nowhere. He was the "money king" of Asia before Dennis took that title, but Dennis could never beat him in his prime.

Last edited: