International Open

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Shaw goes for the jump on the 2 after the break, but misses and sells out. Lechner gets out to come within 12-10. He needs to run these last three racks like he did against Filler.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like the hotseat player is losing in the finals.

One year little ko lost to JL Chang, now Max.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Lechner wins, for some reason I think he will be crying on the interview. That's not meant as a rub on him, just I think he's been holding in all his emotions and they will come pouring out.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Lechner seems to be recovering his nerves. Nice tester on the 2 put down with good position... Should get to 11 here... No more mistakes allowed, and he needs to break well.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or I might be wrong and after some good shots from Max we'll have a thrilling finish of the match. It would be great)

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Dry break by Lechner, not hit well. Leaves a jigsaw puzzle for Shaw. Shaw plays a good safe.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Shaw makes the jump on the 2. Gets good to break out trouble ball and leave position on 4 at same time. Breaks up cluster, leaves himself frozen to rail, wrong side of next ball.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx for the play by play.. Congrats Jason.. Great Tourny for the newest unknown KNOWN...

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Shaw takes the title. Takeaway: This was Lechner's title if he made anything less than 4-5 major errors. Given his age, past performance, and being overshadowed by Albin Ouschan and Mario He, this might have been the only chance Lechner ever gets to win a major title outside of European individual championships. Man.. you gotta feel for him.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well after such final rack I guess there are no questions why Jason might be one of the straightest shooters. Amazing rack and some show time at such moment at the very end and definitely deserving champion. Congrats to both players!