Diamond 9' Install

taprackgo

Registered
Hello,

I recently had a 9' diamond pro am installed. Over the last couple of days, I've noticed there are what seems like two very small bumps under the cloth (presumably bondo or debris) and 2 slightly sunken areas (maybe slate screw holes that got bondo'd and shrunk).

While these only come up every 100 shots or so, I've noticed you can certainly hear a difference in the ball roll, and in the case of the raised spots, they will certainly change the ball path, especially on slow shots.

My question is this - is this a fairly minor issue that I should wait a couple years until I need new cloth to have addressed? Or is this serious enough to warrant asking for a call back and the rails/cloth removed to address.

Thanks in advance,

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hello,

I recently had a 9' diamond pro am installed. Over the last couple of days, I've noticed there are what seems like two very small bumps under the cloth (presumably bondo or debris) and 2 slightly sunken areas (maybe slate screw holes that got bondo'd and shrunk).

While these only come up every 100 shots or so, I've noticed you can certainly hear a difference in the ball roll, and in the case of the raised spots, they will certainly change the ball path, especially on slow shots.

My question is this - is this a fairly minor issue that I should wait a couple years until I need new cloth to have addressed? Or is this serious enough to warrant asking for a call back and the rails/cloth removed to address.

Thanks in advance,

Did you buy it new? Who installed it? I would be PISSED OFF! I am pretty sure we chatted on the phone and I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

taprackgo

Registered
Hi Trent,

Yes, we did speak on the phone and you gave me a lot of valuable information, thank you. I called the diamond factory and ordered there - I told them I had been dealing with you, actually.

From your experience is it pretty regular for this kind of thing to happen? I don't mean to make the bumps sound like they are some massive thing that affects me all the time, that's not the case. You can certainly feel it under your hand when you rub it on the table, though.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hi Trent,

Yes, we did speak on the phone and you gave me a lot of valuable information, thank you. I called the diamond factory and ordered there - I told them I had been dealing with you, actually.

From your experience is it pretty regular for this kind of thing to happen? I don't mean to make the bumps sound like they are some massive thing that affects me all the time, that's not the case. You can certainly feel it under your hand when you rub it on the table, though.

I am actually surprised to hear this. What it is actually called is B ULL $h1ttttt. You paid top dollar for that table and I would definitely make sure to have whomever FIX IT....

Who was your salesman? Install team( I bet I know)? You can PM me if you do not want to out them publicly.

Trent

taprackgo

Registered
Thank you, I will reach out to them tomorrow to see about getting it addressed.. Yeah, I don't want to out anyone publicly - wasn't my intent to bash anyone, just wondering if I was being overly particular.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thank you, I will reach out to them tomorrow to see about getting it addressed.. Yeah, I don't want to out anyone publicly - wasn't my intent to bash anyone, just wondering if I was being overly particular.

No, you should get what you paid for! Keep us posted on this topic!

Trent from Toledo

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Is this a one or three piece slate?

taprackgo

Registered
Hi,

Not fixed yet. I will reach out to you on Monday if it isn’t rectified between now and then, as the installer has stated he would come by twice now. Since my post, the more I’ve played I’ve noticed a couple of other spots which I would think have to be from a very slight unlevel bondo seam between slates.