Great kick
Old
  (#1)
arps
tirador (ng pansit)
arps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Great kick - 10-01-2019, 03:50 AM

Just another day in PI
https://www.facebook.com/10000056154...5331503162207/

(sorry, video has no sound)

"Ang bilyar ay mahiwaga."
- Efren

Old
  (#2)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member
evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arps View Post
Just another day in PI

whew, that was filteee
he called that..nice one
thanks for sharing

ps what's your efren quote mean?
thanks again

peace & love

Old
  (#3)
arps
tirador (ng pansit)
arps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond reputearps has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
whew, that was filteee
he called that..nice one
thanks for sharing

ps what's your efren quote mean?
thanks again
"billiards (pool) is a lot of mystery."

- Efren

Old
  (#4)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

10-01-2019, 05:03 AM

Very nicely played, but the best part is the level of joy felt and exhibited by the shooter and others at the table. They love their pool in the Philippines and it's on full display here.

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-01-2019, 06:47 AM

It is magical.

There's a guy with a manzierre in the background and the shot was so good, knocked manzierre into a shirt.

That's powerful.

Old
  (#6)
Danimal
AzB Silver Member
Danimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 08:19 AM

Time spent lining up the angle for the kick = zero.

Time spent imagining po for the next shot = all of it.

Old
  (#7)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Just another day in PI

OMG, that was unreal! That's what I love about pool, there's always something new that comes along that we've never seen before. It was a great kick shot, but calling the position and dropping the cue ball right there was frck'n UNBELIEVABLE! That's Babe Ruth'esque to call his shot like that. Who is this guy, I don't even know.

What I do know is that the Philippines is FULL of unknown players who could come over here and give all but the best players a wake up call. I've had the good fortune to run into some of them along the way. My last real go round gambling at pool was maybe 8-10 years ago when I foraged all the little rooms in Manila playing five and ten dollar pool, almost always rotation. It wasn't about making money. It was about reliving a great time in my life when I played pool every day and couldn't get enough of it.

They will accommodate you over there if you are looking for a game. Mostly it's small action because no one has a lot of money to gamble with and backers are scarce. You can find big money games but you won't like it. You would be playing some regional monster who spots Efren in 9-Ball. Good luck!

I had fun win or lose. I loved the crowds who gathered around to watch "Joe" play the local champ. If I made a good shot they would cheer for me just the same as if my Pinoy opponent had made it. If I made a good run out to win a game they would cheer even louder. After we were done they would want me to come back and I often did. After a couple of years around Pasay City poolrooms I would get recognized on the street and someone would say "Hey billiard guy." I loved that!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 10-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 12:05 PM

I am intimately familiar with the 3 railer to the hole on my table and I am gonna see if I can do that one now.

Thought you should know.

Last edited by Black-Balled; 10-01-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-01-2019, 03:40 PM

4 tries...best I could do is pictured.

Couldn't get the spin to take after cb made ob.
Attached Images

Old
  (#10)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member
evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
"billiards (pool) is a lot of mystery."
for probably the wisest pool/billiards player there ever was to say that, says a lot
great quote!
thanks and "keep surfin"

peace & love

Old
  (#11)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Couldn't get the spin to take after cb made ob.
Maybe gotta hit rail first on the third rail...?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Maybe gotta hit rail first on the third rail...?

pj
chgo
Naw..once it did go rail first, cb then went to bottom rail.

Old
  (#13)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Naw..once it did go rail first, cb then went to bottom rail.
There was a ball blocking the usual 2-railer, so he had to go wide with extra spin - that had to help, and I imagine those rails are pretty sticky too.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#14)
arps
tirador (ng pansit)

10-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
OMG, that was unreal! That's what I love about pool, there's always something new that comes along that we've never seen before. It was a great kick shot, but calling the position and dropping the cue ball right there was frck'n UNBELIEVABLE! That's Babe Ruth'esque to call his shot like that. Who is this guy, I don't even know.

What I do know is that the Philippines is FULL of unknown players who could come over here and give all but the best players a wake up call. I've had the good fortune to run into some of them along the way. My last real go round gambling at pool was maybe 8-10 years ago when I foraged all the little rooms in Manila playing five and ten dollar pool, almost always rotation. It wasn't about making money. It was about reliving a great time in my life when I played pool every day and couldn't get enough of it.

They will accommodate you over there if you are looking for a game. Mostly it's small action because no one has a lot of money to gamble with and backers are scarce. You can find big money games but you won't like it. You would be playing some regional monster who spots Efren in 9-Ball. Good luck!

I had fun win or lose. I loved the crowds who gathered around to watch "Joe" play the local champ. If I made a good shot they would cheer for me just the same as if my Pinoy opponent had made it. If I made a good run out to win a game they would cheer even louder. After we were done they would want me to come back and I often did. After a couple of years around Pasay City poolrooms I would get recognized on the street and someone would say "Hey billiard guy." I loved that!
Thanks for sharing your experience Jay. I always love reading your stories.
Also, Im pretty sure youve met or played Bert "Pasay" Dy in Pasay City. He was a top caliber player back in the 80's/90's (still plays today) in that area.

- Efren

Old
  (#15)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience Jay. I always love reading your stories.
Also, Im pretty sure youve met or played Bert "Pasay" Dy in Pasay City. He was a top caliber player back in the 80's/90's (still plays today) in that area.
Yep. He hung around One Side almost every night looking for action. He played deceptively good, took a strong player to beat him at 9-Ball. I knew I couldn't beat him at 9-Ball but he couldn't beat me at One Pocket. He was always friendly to me and smiled whenever I showed up. He never tried to hustle me to play. Bert is pretty careful who he plays.

I'm sure he is part of the crowd that hangs in the poolroom at Robinsons Mall Mabini now. That's where all the players go in the day time. I mostly stay in Angeles City when I go there (my wife and I have a house there) and avoid going to Manila if I can help it.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: