TOI CJ Wiley

Coolata2ude

Registered
This is my first post . I have sent for CJ 's dvd on TOI and have the ppv.

I am 74 and just bang the balls around, usually making 2 or 3 in a row.
I tried using TOI for about 3 hours last night and was shocked at the results!

I have run as many as 29 balls and that is a whole new world for me.

It did take a while to get used to when to use center to center and center to edge.

I would like to thank CJ for sharing this information, just think what it will do for someone who knows how to play this game.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It did take a while to get used to when to use center to center and center to edge.

I would like to thank CJ for sharing this information, just think what it will do for someone who knows how to play this game.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear about the progress. I'd be curious to to see how it's going in a month or two with the TOI. Quit bangin' and start strokin'! :grin:

Best,
Mike

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is my first post . I have sent for cj 's dvd on toi and have the ppv.

I tried using toi for about 3 hours last night and was shocked at the results!

I would like to thank cj for sharing this information, just think what it will do for someone who knows how to play this game.

cj wiley and his ''toi'' are amazing.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I too have ordered the DVD and would like to hear how you are doing in a month or so.

Ken

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good post there buddy! I can finally officially welcome you to the forum now!

I'm planning on acquiring the DVD next weekend and look forward to learning the secrets!

Very happy that you have found a reinvigorated passion for the game.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we give credit where credit is due, 'The Game is Our Teacher'

It made my day to hear about your experience. Going from a 3-4 ball runner to 29 is fantastic. I wish you the best as a student of the Game, 'The Game is Our Teacher', I'm just the "messenger".... keep us informed of your progress and we're always available to answer questions my friend. Play Well....CJ Wiley

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It made my day to hear about your experience. Going from a 3-4 ball runner to 29 is fantastic. I wish you the best as a student of the Game, 'The Game is Our Teacher', I'm just the "messenger".... keep us informed of your progress and we're always available to answer questions my friend. Play Well....CJ Wiley

CJ,
Thanks for your support/help with the 'game', rep to you. The newer generation(s) will really benefit with all the information available to them these days. :smile: It just wasn't there in the '60s when first started playing.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have ordered the DVD and would like to hear how you are doing in a month or so.

Ken
That would be good to know I have flirted with aiming systems but I have come to the conclusion that its like new stick syndrome it where's off after while

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish there was a "magic bullet," but there's not. And such is life. ;)

That would be good to know I have flirted with aiming systems but I have come to the conclusion that its like new stick syndrome it where's off after while

The TOI Technique has an "alignment system" built in, however, it's a "playing system" without the aiming element. I've don't aim at the object ball with the TOI, just align every shot like it's straight in. I'm showing a different way to play pool, and without the new experience it will be like a different language.

The game will be your teacher as soon as you learn this new language. It's not difficult, it only takes 3 hours to learn the basics, and that's the only way any of us have learned it. This type of technique must be experienced on the table, there's no other way from our experience.

There's been several players try to figure this out the last few months (without putting in their 3 hours) and all of them have check up short. I wish there was a "magic bullet," there's simply not an easier way. And such is life. ;)

click picture for real life testimonials of TOI

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish there was a "magic bullet," but there's not. And such is life. ;)

double post.....

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

That's the difference between flirting and commitment. When you commit to learning good methods then you build good habits that last you whole life. If you flirt then you build nothing and may only get a glimpse of the good stuff but don't get the full and real experience.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Flirting is not a door, it's a window.

That's the difference between flirting and commitment. When you commit to learning good methods then you build good habits that last you whole life. If you flirt then you build nothing and may only get a glimpse of the good stuff but don't get the full and real experience.

The key is passion, the door is commitment, which opens to enlightenment.

Flirting is not a door, it's a window.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been shooting TOI all week for around 4 to 4 1/2 hours per day and I am thoroughly excited about it. I'm potting nearly every ball now. Such a simple little adjustment has changed my game so dramatically. I hope I continue to remember TOI for all my shots.:)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Such a simple little adjustment has changed my game so dramatically

I've been shooting TOI all week for around 4 to 4 1/2 hours per day and I am thoroughly excited about it. I'm potting nearly every ball now. Such a simple little adjustment has changed my game so dramatically. I hope I continue to remember TOI for all my shots.:)

Yes, it takes awhile before it's "natural" so you do have to "remember it". For some reason it's "natural" to do things the wrong way in pool, and mainly this involves spinning the cue ball unnecessarily with "outside" English.

If you're shooting over 4 hours a day using TOI I know what kind of improvements you can expect. "Dramatic Change" is how you described it and that about sums it up so I won't add anything.

This TOI Technique may just be a "simple little adjustment", however, it gives every player a chance to feel what it's like to play like a pro. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing about your progress. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

Phoenix13

Banned
Yes, it takes awhile before it's "natural" so you do have to "remember it". For some reason it's "natural" to do things the wrong way in pool, and mainly this involves spinning the cue ball unnecessarily with "outside" English.

If you're shooting over 4 hours a day using TOI I know what kind of improvements you can expect. "Dramatic Change" is how you described it and that about sums it up so I won't add anything.

This TOI Technique may just be a "simple little adjustment", however, it gives every player a chance to feel what it's like to play like a pro. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing about your progress. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

What exactly do you mean by the what I have bolded in your post above?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The TOI confidence is congruent and there are now many players that will agree

What exactly do you mean by the what I have bolded in your post above?

I've heard from more than one player (and I feel the same way), that a person's eyes will naturally come down to the outside of center. Maybe some even think that is center, and it forces them to play a way that is more difficult for a variety of reasons, such as:

Looking at the "outside" of center is not advised because it doesn't align to the natural angles of the shot - so many players "spin" the cue ball with outside English to force it to work. This is more difficult to calculate because the cue ball deflects in side {the target line} and then spins out.

The 'Touch of Inside' (TOI) Technique requires us to come down to the inside of the cue ball. The Inside is also where the contact would be if it were aligned to the center of the cue ball. In other words, the more you're cutting a ball to the right, the more the cue ball contact point moves right.

TOI puts us in the best perspective to see the shot, and the deflection is going to slightly over cut the object ball which allows us to favor one side of the pocket and use the 3 Part Pocket System. You can ask anyone that uses the TOI, they will all say they have a larger perceived margin of error than they did before.

If you really feel like you have a bigger pocket your confidence goes up and you will play better and better. For me, confidence is the best thing I can teach someone, however, it must be real and true. The TOI confidence is congruent and there are now many players that can testify to that...you can see testimonials at www.cjwiley.com - Real People saying Real Things about the TOI Method.

I can answer more specific questions, and it's pretty well described on the video where I used a lot of situations on a real pool table to illustrate this.

Phoenix13

Banned
This kind of sounds to me like the TOI is teaching players where the actual center cue ball position (vertical axis) is and not to be inside of it. This to me would make sense as to how you have said this technique can be used on all shots. I know Stan Shuffett pushes hitting ccb as the key to playing high-level pool also and I stay there as much as possible and only spin the ball when needed.

It looks to me like the TOI with your 3-pocket zone and the person that is using the touch of outside shooting at center pocket are hitting the same contact point. The TOI is using two different contact points on the object ball. You have a fuller aiming contact point and the actual center-pocket contact point that the person using touch of outside would be aiming at.

Its two different methods of achieving the same goal. So why is your way better, you have increased the amount of steps involved in making a shot?

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
TOI doesn't work at all using "Center Ball"

This kind of sounds to me like the TOI is teaching players where the actual center cue ball position (vertical axis) is and not to be inside of it. This to me would make sense as to how you have said this technique can be used on all shots. I know Stan Shuffett pushes hitting ccb as the key to playing high-level pool also and I stay there as much as possible and only spin the ball when needed.

It looks to me like the TOI with your 3-pocket zone and the person that is using the touch of outside shooting at center pocket are hitting the same contact point. The TOI is using two different contact points on the object ball. You have a fuller aiming contact point and the actual center-pocket contact point that the person using touch of outside would be aiming at.

Its two different methods of achieving the same goal. So why is your way better, you have increased the amount of steps involved in making a shot?

I'm using the same speed, the same alignment, and using the tip to create the angle, this is nothing like you are describing.

TOI doesn't work at all using "Center Ball", there's no magical "trick" to this it's very straight forward and tremendously accurate. When you watch the TOI VIDEO you will understand and these questions will be answered.

The More you go Inside, the more angle is created. I ONLY use center ball on straight in shots and I can use TOI on them as well and hit different sides of the pocket. This takes a very accurate stoke, but with the TOI technique you will develop this degree of touch. 'The Game is the Teacher'

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Actually, the number of steps to making a shot have been greatly reduced'

I noticed that you joined AZB this month with 34 posts.

Those of us that have been following CJ's post for the last couple of months know that his teachings are true and should, at the least, be given a try.

Before trying to comment on TOI, maybe you should go back thru the forum and read the 900+ posts on the subject. Then purchase the TOI PPV or DVD, take it to the table and then after a reasonable amount of practice come back and make some comments on your findings.

In the meantime, your comments on TOI are not quantified nor qualified.

This will be my last comment to a newbie.

Have a good day. :)

John