One Of The Best Ever - Victim Of Covid-19

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chicken, thanks for posting this, he was definitely a legend. I knew he was a mailman, but never saw the picture of him shooting pool, he was one of us!

I really struggle to understand some of the posters in this thread, how someone can be so callous about another persons life, and death, is really sad. It speaks volumes about their worth as human beings.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Why must you bring politics into every discussion on here? This post, like many of yours, adds absolutely nothing to the current discussion and only seeks to turn it into a place to peddle your political nonsense and conspiracy theories. That's assuming any intelligent person can even decipher what dribble you've posted. 99% of your posts are rife with enough spelling, capitalization, and grammatical errors that they almost appear to have been funneled through an enigma machine.

So before you grace us with your next 30,000 posts, ask yourself two questions. 1. Does what I just typed contribute to the conversation the thread was made over? 2. Have I proofread my post for proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc so that people will understand I put thought into my comments as opposed to just spewing the first thought that popped into my head.

In summary, if you don't have anything to say that is on topic nor can you be bothered to take the time to make sure your post makes sense, do us all a favor and skip posting.

Those who end sentences with propositions should not throw grammar stones. Please realize future posts crediting covid for deaths will be seen as political by many due to the lies and hysteria.
RIP singer man and pool player.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Moving to Seattle Hank to be with your people?

Going out today, like every day. No afraid of Big Bad Wolf, it a Hoax to remove our POPTUS.

This was completely unnecessary. Completely. Take your political stuff to NPR, the only place where it belongs.

You have no excuse for this. You've been here long enough, and told enough.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
From Rolling Stone Magazine:

Prine lives a quieter life these days. Usually he wakes up late, eats lunch at one of his favorite greasy meat-and-threes, then maybe washes his car, shoots pool or takes a nap before browsing eBay for old cars late into the night. “I look busy for a living,” Prine deadpans. “I leave the house so it appears I did something. Fiona knows to never ask me what I did today. She knows it’s absolutely nothing.”

full article here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...he-mark-twain-of-american-songwriting-115459/

Attachments

• John-Prine.jpg
    John-Prine.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
From Rolling Stone Magazine:

Prine lives a quieter life these days. Usually he wakes up late, eats lunch at one of his favorite greasy meat-and-threes, then maybe washes his car, shoots pool or takes a nap before browsing eBay for old cars late into the night. “I look busy for a living,” Prine deadpans. “I leave the house so it appears I did something. Fiona knows to never ask me what I did today. She knows it’s absolutely nothing.”

I'm glad he was able to enjoy the easy life, it's always good and bad when you get there. I look forward to spending days like him doing "Absolutely nothing " but I know my life is getting short when I get there.
RIP sir. Thanks for posting.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I am a fan of a lot of different styles of music. John Prine was one of my absolute favorites. For most music, I listen for the melody and hope the artist doesn’t ruin it with amateurish lyrics. More than any other songwriter, for John, my attention is drawn to the lyrics first and then to his melodies, which fortunately are always also great. I was fortunate to see him perform live once around the time of the In Spite Of Ourselves album. The audience was pretty much my age and older. It was basically a sing-along concert. Everybody knew the words to all the songs.

The third link you posted is outstanding. The folks who were crammed into that small setting were pretty damn lucky. Last night, YouTube broadcast a tribute show to John and his music. It is worth your time if you missed it. https://youtu.be/jv05dPfmx40

Great thread. Thanks.

this tribute is fantastic!

thank you for the link. :cool:

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to see his last 2 New Years shows In Nashville. The last show he did like an 45minute encore! It was epic! I’ll never forget. Will cherish the times I got to watch him. Peace

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to see him one time, about 20 years ago. The Everly Bros used to come back to Kentucky and do a hometown concert every year. John was a friend of theirs and was invited to perform at one of their concerts. The whole concert was fantastic, open air, sit on lawn chairs, drink a few beers. It was great, I miss those times.
Tom

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/TxKgj7w3tBU

I liked this song by David Akan Coe...didn’t know Mr Prine had something to do with it.

What I’ve liked about John Prine, Bob Dylan, Lyle Lovett, and a bunch more, is the WAY they sing.
They don’t play little tricks with their voices to imply they could’ve been an opera singer or something...

...they got something to tell you, and they deliver it.

Comments on another channel about John.....
..”Some people should get a pass from dying.”

agree 100%

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hard to face the reality that John's gone.

"But fortunately I have the key to escape reality
And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile
It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while
Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone
No I'm just tryin' to have me some fun"

pj
chgo

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of him.

However, liked his style after Just listening to a few songs. Will Definitely listen to some more

Even as a kid couldn’t understand how anyone with 2 brain cells could be so dumb to smoke. I’m almost his age and doing a 16 km hike in our Canadian Rockies this week. Oh well, breathing must be over rated.

Re Coronavirus. Our province has just over 4 million people. Exactly 19 have died who didn’t have a previously know condition. We have had more admissions to ER for bicycle mishaps in the last month than the Virus. Be safe but don’t be hysterical.