What does it mean to support a specific billiard company?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Quality production billiard equipment I spend the money on.

I imagine the town that makes it as people that can afford to be free and use the money to build their communities for themselves and whatever materials helps the next generation.

When it comes to mass production.
I don't imagine the above.

What are your thoughts favorite brands and have you met the manufacturers?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Quality production billiard equipment I spend the money on.

I imagine the town that makes it as people that can afford to be free and use the money to build their communities for themselves and whatever materials helps the next generation.

When it comes to mass production.
I don't imagine the above.

What are your thoughts favorite brands and have you met the manufacturers?
Huh???????????? Really think you're supporting a town by buying certain billiard supplies??

Last edited:

terpdad

Registered
"When it comes to mass production.
I don't imagine the above."

You don't think mass production can support a community? Try telling that to any city who's lost a factory that employed half the town.

Last edited:

justnum

Silver Member
"When it comes to mass production.
I don't imagine the above."

You don't think mass production can support a community? Try telling that to any city who's lost a factory that employed half the town.

educate me on it.

I look forward to a good lesson.

anything to support the billiard industry in this time.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Customer loyalty. A billiard company is the same as any other type of business. If you received a good product and were treated well, you might come back, as well as recommend to others. Conversely, companies that survive the test of time typically grasp customer relations and its importance to their long-term solvency.

Personally, I've always felt the best test of a business isn't necessarily whether or not a problem arises, but rather how it's handled when it does. This is true for everything from a car dealership to an eBay seller.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What ‘product’ are you speaking of?

I play every day but haven’t spent more than $5 on new billiard equipment in a decade and was for chalk.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I support local cue repair. Other than that i've never even thought about this. The only product i've used long-term is Master chalk and its free at the 'hall.

justnum

Silver Member
What ‘product’ are you speaking of?

I play every day but haven’t spent more than $5 on new billiard equipment in a decade and was for chalk.

i went to a live pool stream the other day.

I have never seen so much billiards merch ever. Geo I am talking limited edition pool event swag.

the pool room I play provides house cues and chalk, but the other players brag about magical brands and billiards technology like its going to pocket shots for them. And cut break with repeat precision each time.

Because there are no billiard stores, its not carried in general merchandise stores like the 99 cent store.
To me supporting the local pool hall or local tournament was all I could do.
Now I can't even do that.

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take a shot, my first "high end" cue purchase was a pechauer. Bought a $700 dollar cue. I was so impressed with their personable and professional customer service, and I love the fit/ finish, and hit of their cues. I have since bought 4 more of their cues including a $1000+ limited edition. I also post pics and recommend them when folks ask for my opinion. I like to think my patronage at least kept the lights on at their shop in Wisconsin for an afternoon.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

I suppose but if I buy a cue made in a town in Szechuan, China it means one less cue made in a town Guzurst, India.

The free market means that a manufacturer of goods will survive that meet ‘my needs’. I’m the customer. I drive a Toyota and use Apple products...if they no longer meet my needs I’ll switch to something else.

I’ve bought a box of Triangle chalk. In a few years when I buy another box it may be Triangle if the product is good at a decent price. I might buy Master chalk. I doubt if any town or city depends on my decision. If they do, they need todiversify.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
i went to a live pool stream the other day.

I have never seen so much billiards merch ever. Geo I am talking limited edition pool event swag.

the pool room I play provides house cues and chalk, but the other players brag about magical brands and billiards technology like its going to pocket shots for them. And cut break with repeat precision each time.

Because there are no billiard stores, its not carried in general merchandise stores like the 99 cent store.
To me supporting the local pool hall or local tournament was all I could do.
Now I can't even do that.

We have a local billiard store/custom cue maker. He sells all pool related equipment including tables, custom cues, various brands of cues, cases, balls, etc and other game room type stuff. When I need something pool related whether its a new tip, balls, chalk, Simonis cloth I go there to buy it. I know I pay a little extra but its worth it to me to help him stay in business so I can put my hands on an item before I buy it.