deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not addressed to the regular player

Has anyone here been part of a $100,000 or more score

And do you have any idea how to make one

Again this has nothing to do with these streamed events with
a large center bet

No comments from guys who start low and keep raising the bet as long as the idiot keeps playing

How do you find a wealthy prospective player
What qualifications would he have to meet

How long to get introduced into his group and how would or
did this whole process proceed?

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
This is not addressed to the regular player

Has anyone here been part of a $100,000 or more score

And do you have any idea how to make one

Again this has nothing to do with these streamed events with
a large center bet

No comments from guys who start low and keep raising the bet as long as the idiot keeps playing

How do you find a wealthy prospective player
What qualifications would he have to meet

How long to get introduced into his group and how would or
did this whole process proceed?

Being in the right place at the right time! DETROIT!!! 1977-1985.

Yes I have! 4 or 5 times 100k or better and many times 40-50K or more!

It helps if you play cue games to play, Golf and cards!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Being in the right place at the right time! DETROIT!!! 1977-1985.

Yes I have! 4 or 5 times 100k or better and many times 40-50K or more!

It helps if you play cue games to play, Golf and cards!

Bill
we NEED a book with all your stories !

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Bill
we NEED a book with all your stories !

It's been brought to my attention before, Rich. One of the parties that wanted to collaborate with me, just passed away, Dennis Deickman. We were friends for close to 50 years. Dennis was an excellent Golfer, teaching Pro at one time and part owner in a golf coarse in MI. Being from Ann Arbor, MI. he knew of some of my 3C/Golf hustles in the area, especially in Detroit.

I don't want to high jack this thread, but, maybe I'll Email you a short venture of mine where I followed a Pro Golfer over 3 states, who professed to play 3C better than golf! Coincidentally, he met his match in TX. LOL!

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
believe me,you are improving the thread
not hijacking it

treat us all to as many stories as you feel
comfortable telling

i am eager to hear them

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
believe me,you are improving the thread
not hijacking it

treat us all to as many stories as you feel
comfortable telling

i am eager to hear them

Thanks Dean, but I'll save them for another time.

The Pro golfer is still alive, so as not to, you know...

I will mention a famous actor I trapped, with Jimmy Reid's help.

Omar Sharif, when they were filming the movie, 'Baltimore Bullet,' by the way, was horrible IMO! He played 3 cushion, He weighed in at about 35K. We played the last game to 50 points for 10K and 200.00 a point, I beat him 50 to 19!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never realized there was so much gambling in 3 cushion
now that i think about it
Snooker,3 Cushion and straight Poll have more class
it figures that people of substance would play

Dean

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I never realized there was so much gambling in 3 cushion
now that i think about it
Snooker,3 Cushion and straight Poll have more class
it figures that people of substance would play

Dean

I wish i was 50 years younger! We just had a 3C tournament with over 600K in prize money 2 months ago in NYC! First place was 150K!!!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Deanoc,

Would you prefer one 100k score, or a continued every other week game/get together where you could net 10-40k as long as you didn't get greedy.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
First guy I ever heard of making a six figure score was Jack Cooney in the early 1970's. That was HUGE money back then, when winning $400 was considered a good score in the poolroom. Jack was good for at least one or two big scores a year (50-100K each). He was the only guy who would "cultivate" a player for as long as necessary (it could take months!) to get them to gamble high with him. No one else was in the same league with him back then, not even close. The world champions were trying to win $5,000 for winning a major tournament!

Whoever said Detroit in the 70's and 80's was correct. There were literally six figure scores made there every week. One guy started out racking balls and ended up a millionaire! They used to come in with grocery bags full of hundreds. If you wanted to make a side bet, the minimum bet was 500 a game. Jew Paul was the ovenware king with hundreds of guys all over the country (including me) selling his stuff for him. Bernie Schwartz had a piece of the action too.

I made my first hundred grand the old fashioned way, running a super successful poolroom (the busiest on the West Coast at the time) in Bakersfield for several years. I was 30 years old and had 100K in cash and thought I was the richest man in the world in 1974. I went on to make quite a few six figure scores in the real estate biz, but you had to risk big money to do it, like buying a house for 350K, fixing it up and selling it for 475K. I made my first seven figure score five years ago on the sale of a 17 unit building in Venice Beach. That deal took exactly one year to put together and three months to complete the sale. No more poolrooms for me! :)

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess would be to insert yourself in the confidence of a poker player that wins big. I hear they’ll bet on anything and may even blow their entire rake before the suns comes back around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
My guess would be to insert yourself in the confidence of a poker player that wins big. I hear they’ll bet on anything and may even blow their entire rake before the suns comes back around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how Billy and Scott got to Dippy Dave for a telephone number! There's been a few guys take a shot at JRB and no one's managed to take him off yet. He's a pretty smart cookie.