Amsterdam Qualifier

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tied up in the hospital. Any AZer posting match results would be an Angel of Mercy!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Gene: I hope things are ok for you.

If you get bored, you can look in on our Chicago stream. I think I will try to get the stream going early while people are coming in and practicing and the games are scheduled to start at noon which usually means noon thirty.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dmgwalsh#events

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Gene,

We are very worried about you, is everything okay ? Please keep me posted.

Good luck to everyone playing in both Chicago and NYC, wish I could be there but my injury tells me otherwise.

I will see if I can find a scout to give me some updates as they come in.

I will text Danny Barouty in a little while I am sure he will oblige !

Steve

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

To Dennis and Steve for looking out for me. I WILL be in Flushing!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
just got the first update from Danny via facebook.

he just pulled up, and parked his car...they open @ 11

that's our Danny...LOL

-Steve

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Bob Mendenjian has the high run so far with 66. Second best run so far is 40, sending Jude Rosenstock to the 1 loss side.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
thanks for the update henry, can we get a player list ?

Danny sent me a pic of the bracket, but it was barely legible !!!

thanks
-Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Congrats to:

Bob Madenjian and Sean "Alaska" Morgan for winning the 2 qualifying spots this weekend.

see you boys in queens !

Good Luck
-Steve

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Mendenjian has the high run so far with 66. Second best run so far is 40, sending Jude Rosenstock to the 1 loss side.

The guy I lost to in the first round is one of two players I can't remember the names of. It was the first round, I was up 70-60 and he ran 40 and out on me. I ran a 40 in my second game, a 53 and out in my third game and a 40+ run in my last game. In that last game, I was down 95-40ish when I came back to make it 95-91 with a 40+ run. After winning a safety battle, I proceeded to take the lead at 97-95 and then dogged my face off, losing 100-97.

I really wished there were more 14.1 tournaments throughout the year. I had a ton of fun.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude, you played John Nietzchman in the first round. (I took a photo of the bracket before leaving on Saturday).

I second the comment about more 14.1 tournaments. That was a blast.

- Geoff

Attachments

• Amsterdam 14.1.jpg
    Amsterdam 14.1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 191

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy I lost to in the first round is one of two players I can't remember the names of. It was the first round, I was up 70-60 and he ran 40 and out on me. I ran a 40 in my second game, a 53 and out in my third game and a 40+ run in my last game. In that last game, I was down 95-40ish when I came back to make it 95-91 with a 40+ run. After winning a safety battle, I proceeded to take the lead at 97-95 and then dogged my face off, losing 100-97.

I really wished there were more 14.1 tournaments throughout the year. I had a ton of fun.
pretty sporty set of runs there, in tourney format.

Sucks losing, but sounds like you got the fire as a result.

Hope you find your face...soon.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude and Geoff,

You could always come down to Maryland Aug 18/19th and play if you're looking for more 14.1. I'm pretty sure Lipsky and Barouty are attending as they do every year.

Last I heard there are 5 spots left. I'll post some info in a new thread shortly.

Andy