Big Action Still In Progress! John Barton vs Justin Marks!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd like to play some with John if no one else wants to. I haven't had a pool game in a few years and I'm a little rusty (haven't hit two balls in the last three months!), but I'm up to play if he wants to.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is heart warming to see the Barton Chicken Wing still flies.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 7.53.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 7.53.30 AM.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,399

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but he's out there betting high; chicken wing and all. :thumbup:

Yes. That sentiment is a reflection of the classic pool player mentality.

I only watched a few minutes of it and I have no idea who the other guy was nor the depth of his 1pocket knowledge/skill. But it was immediately obvious he was more fundamentally sound than JB. And if it was Ventura, then it was probably at Jerry's (Baby Huey's) room. I've played on that table and it is not so easy.

Personally I find nothing heroic, intelligent, or prudent about putting yourself in a situation like that and being "out there betting high." But returning to your thoughts, at least it's a salve to the ego for some.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

Personally I find nothing heroic, intelligent, or prudent about putting yourself in a situation like that and being "out there betting high."

Lou Figueroa

Same here, i was born on the wrong continent
I never connected with the pool society

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
This is aimed at no one in particular just a general thought and my opinion

It takes some balls to bet High with your own money and especially so when you're gambling and not involved in a lock up game

Different Strokes for different folks, I know. I don't impose my Philosophy about this onto anyone else but for me, and I suspect a lot of other pool people, as well, it's a lot of fun and can even be a bit of an adrenaline rush at times

Wagering is a big part of our Sports history and I certainly enjoy the colorful aspect of it, even today

JB is out there having some fun and It appears as though he can afford it.

I think he has a lot of heart

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

It takes some balls to bet High with your own money and especially so when you're gambling and not involved in a lock up game

Different Strokes for different folks, I know. I don't impose my Philosophy about this onto anyone else but for me, and I suspect a lot of other pool people, as well, it's a lot of fun and can even be a bit of an adrenaline rush at times

Wagering is a big part of our Sports history and I certainly enjoy the colorful aspect of it, even today

best,
brian kc

Put "lot of heart" in one hand, fart in the other, and.....

Anyway, who won? Some of us won't do facebook.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Chua vs Oscar Dominguez was the one I watched till it got late .
Great match.
I wish Roy recorded it .

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

Plus one....

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

"Betting high" or showing "heart" is relative, IMO.

For some guys, given a particular skill level, experience, and financials, betting $100 is "betting high" and "showing heart." For other guys, given their particular experience and financials, it's more like a junkie who needs a bigger dose to get their blood pumping. And frankly, for some of these guys, you can forget about skill being part of the equation.

Making bad games does not equal "heart." And,

Betting what you can afford does not equal "heart."

There are plenty of foolish ways to get an adrenaline rush -- chasing the rush dan't automatically justify stupid.

Lou Figueroa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Gotta give JB props for having a lot of gamble in him.
Gotta give him a lot more props than lock artists and nits.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta give JB props for having a lot of gamble in him.
Gotta give him a lot more props than lock artists and nits.

lol. I suspect some guys hear that line about props for having gamble and heart a lot.

Lou Figueroa
usually the guy
who lost