Home Made Ball Polisher is there a update

Bluey2King

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello; i saw the thread from last year about the ball polisher made in a bucket with a electric polisher.

Has it been refined any?
I want to prit it but there were soo many posts. Is there a file that has the plans without all the other posts.

Is there a easy way to print what I needI am sure there is but I dont see it.

Thanks to all

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I just got my diamond ball polisher ill post a review soon. But so far id say. Save your money build it yourself. (dont tell RKC)

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I believe people have come up with minor tweaks, but the basic design works great. The only thing I "added" to mine was when adding a divider, I added (2) to make (4) "compartments". I drop one ball in each "compartment", add a drop of ball polish to each one, and let them roll for 2-3 minutes. After that, in goes the next set of (4) balls, repeat, repeat, and you're done. It does a great job, especially considering the price.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello; i saw the thread from last year about the ball polisher made in a bucket with a electric polisher.

Has it been refined any?
I want to prit it but there were soo many posts. Is there a file that has the plans without all the other posts.

Is there a easy way to print what I needI am sure there is but I dont see it.

Thanks to all

I beleive there a video on youtube if you do a search.

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
I posted my pics in an earlier post. I added an eight-compartment divider to keep the balls from grinding against each other.

If you are interested,
Take an old towel, tear it into four wide strips. The strips should be 4-5 inches wide and long enough to span the bucket plus about 3 inches.

Fold each strip in half. Lay all four strips in a neat stack and use a tent awl needle to sew the strips together in the middle. This creates an 8-legged divider.

Cut 8 thin slits in the side of the bucket and pull the legs of the divider through the slits. Friction holds the divider in place. The divider can be removed for cleaning.

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
now that im thinking of it.

I have everything i need to build one at home since december, but there isn't a single bucket thats perfect for it. I did 3 shops who sell them, i asked a painter to reuse some of his paintbuckets, They either are to small are to big.

No idea if this is becuase i live in europe and the european measurements are different. 5L bucket vs xx galon bucket? no idea.

I might even have to ask someone to ship me a bucket or 3 to belgium :eek:
I have the 10" orbital polisher.

Anyone can help me out and send me a bucket or 4? i can pay true paypall.

Bluey2King

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try fast food and ask for their pickle buckets I got some free they are thicker.
I bought the Home Depot for this project.

Bluey2King

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted my pics in an earlier post. I added an eight-compartment divider to keep the balls from grinding against each other.

If you are interested,
Take an old towel, tear it into four wide strips. The strips should be 4-5 inches wide and long enough to span the bucket plus about 3 inches.

Fold each strip in half. Lay all four strips in a neat stack and use a tent awl needle to sew the strips together in the middle. This creates an 8-legged divider.

Cut 8 thin slits in the side of the bucket and pull the legs of the divider through the slits. Friction holds the divider in place. The divider can be removed for cleaning.

Thanks Shaft I was wondering about that divider I thought it look like a shifer material than a towel.
I should have it done on Saturday if I get my carpet today.
Thanks again
Now who knows how to make a home made shaft lathe....*S

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Don't know how to make a lathe but a shaft spinner is easy.

Just put a bolt through a crutch tip with washers on both sides and put the bolt in an electric drill and you have a shaft spinner. Use a bunjee cord to tie the drill down to a 1x6 or something. I use a pistol grip type clamp to adjust the drill speed and an extension cord with an inline switch to turn it off/on.

It works great! I've done maybe 30 tips that way with never a problem.

RBC

Deceased
The home made ball polishers do work ok. I have seen John Schmidt's and yes it will do the job.

But, I have to tell you that the Diamond Ball Polisher is the best I have seen. It provides a "turning over" action to the balls that none of the others provide. If you are at your house and don't use it that often, then it may not be that big of a deal, but if you polish very often, the balls may get out of shape without the proper action.

From an engineers perspective, the Diamond Polisher is a master piece.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

mreightball

Silver Member
AZ's Member JoeW Have plan for a Ball Polisher on his website. You might PM him.

Also Az's member Rangercap [Brain Bonner] checkout his website http://www.nittanyleather.com/side_projects.htm www.nittanyleather.com

Hello:
We are also making 2 types of ball cleaners one with a star patern to do 8 balls at a time and one that you can do 16 balls at a time. They can be used using a variable speed drill and do an excellent job. We can also motorise the cleaners but that adds an additional cost to the units.
For any more information email us at.
mr8ball@comcast.net
Ron

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer a damp bathrag to wipe them clean, then a dry bathrag to polish them. It works like an Irish charm and it's free.

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
????

Why the divider? What does it hurt if the balls bump inot each other as they are spinning around? I made one, but don't have a divider. I did make a light cover to offer some light resistence to the top of the balls tho'. :confused:

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
I don't think the divider is absolutely necessary, but it offers 3 advantages:

1. It adds more cleaning surfaces to the polisher,
2. It makes the polisher a lot quieter, and
3. It reduces the continual grinding of one ball against another. Is this one a real factor? I don't now, but the first two are enough for me.