Ball jumping out of pockets.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, I’ve seen everything now.....we’ve got low-deflection tables!
:eek:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Well, the Diamonds I designed back in 2000 had them, so i don't know which Diamonds he would be talking about.

Glen,

Did you watch the video in post #2? I originally thought it was fake. Then a link from Manning Cues was posted. Watched the video and now understand how it MIGHT happen. If the deflectors were removed for some reason on the table in question, wouldn't it possible for the object ball to travel from one side pocket to the other and back onto the playing surface? Interested in your view.

Lyn

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great thread, great video. My buddy he always tells the story about the time they were doing a league match and his teammate forgot to call the eight ball pocket and the other team called him on it and stole the game. So when it was his turn he was straight in on the eight in the side and he said, “Right the f*** there!”

He rifled it in and it came out the other side pocket. The part where he gets the most excited is when he explains that they should have called a foul because nothing ever touched a rail.

The ball passing into the pocket is sufficient to avoid the foul.
The ball popping out of the pocket is sufficient to end the turn.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

Did you watch the video in post #2? I originally thought it was fake. Then a link from Manning Cues was posted. Watched the video and now understand how it MIGHT happen. If the deflectors were removed for some reason on the table in question, wouldn't it possible for the object ball to travel from one side pocket to the other and back onto the playing surface? Interested in your view.

Lyn

Yes, if the deflectors were removed that would happen.