Charlie Williams Sweeps Super Billiard Expo 14.1 Challenge

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Article

Very nice... The game is definately on the upswing. I keep telliing everyone I know to play the game, and am trying to get our league to switch from line-up to 14.1. :thumbup:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Awesome article Charles, it brought a tear to my eye knowing that the 2010 sbe 14.1 challenge is a close. But there is a glimmer of light flickering a year away that is the 2011 sbe 14.1 challenge, for this I truely can't wait !!!!

Once again great article, great event, We all owe a debt of grattitude to you !!!!!!

thanks
steve

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
thanks for a note, really great article.
What started out as a pipe dream between two friends during a practice game of Straight Pool quickly grew into the most talked about event at the Expo this year.
I hope it is true and 14.1 is finally drawing attention, that's cool! Even better that there are people who understand that the youngsters should become familiar with #1 game:
This will involve a junior’s event involving players 16 and under being coached through their racks by professional players and exposing a new generation of players to the incredible game of 14.1 continuous straight pool.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Speaking of reigniting 14.1, people will play it...if they are introduced to it. FWIW, I've been running a local 14.1 league (also 1P for that matter) out of my local poolhall since 2008. Interest is very healthy & we've even been forced to limit the number of players!

In fact, you can go into the room on off days & guess what those guys are practicing? You just have to get people thinking about the game again, that's all. Once they see the beauty of the game, they are hooked. In fact, I play 14.1 almost exclusively now, with the exception of my weekend ring games.

baji314

14.1 trainee
Silver Member
I know this may be a bit late but the 14.1 challenge was a blast!!! I wish i got a chance to watch Charlie play...

I know my friend took a pic of me while doin the challenge..I'll see if i can post it somewhere