For those who don't facebook:

Attachments

• 2016-02-17 12.22.04.jpg
    2016-02-17 12.22.04.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,900

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Never been one of his supporters, but nobody deserves that.

Wishing him a full recovery. Get Well Soon Barry.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch !

MRSA, pneumonia, septic shock, alone they are bad news, together they are a nightmare and take a terrible toll on the human body.

So yes, I do hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
That's a rough combo to fight. Good Luck. Hoping for a speedy recovery !!

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The US Open is still the longest running and prestigious pool event --- Barry was the force behind it. Get well Barry.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No matter what you think of Barry, this is just terrible news. Hoping for recovery!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes! The guy we bought our house from just went through a long bout of a similar infection. He was in very bad shape and is still fighting it, although I heard he is now discharged from the hospital. It was really touch and go for him until they found the right combo of antibiotics and steroids. He is only in his thirties and still has plenty of strength and youth on his side, but they told him it will take months to fully recover. I hope Barry still has the strength to fight through this.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a long time in ICU. I hope he's able to beat this and return to his former health.

Best wishes, Barry!

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang sorry to hear about barry. I Hope he gets well. And best wishes to him and his family. I am a true believer in karma.
Get well soon barry.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad news indeed. To Barry and all his family and friends, I'm hoping for a full recovery.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news. I have been following the FB reports provided by Barry's son, Brady.

I am worried for Barry because MRSA combined with Barry's age is a very dangerous medical condition. For those who may not know, MRSAis caused by a staph bacteria, and unfortunately, it is resistant to antibiotics used to treat ordinary staph infections.

Brady and Barry Behrman at 2003 DCC at Executive West in Louisville. Barry attended many high-profile pool events. He has a strong passion for pool.

Attachments

• Brady and Barry Behrman.JPG
    Brady and Barry Behrman.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 748

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Open

From 1996-2007 we went to the US Open and always were treated very well by Barry, here is hoping to a full and speedy recovery.