New Pics Esoteric Irish Cue with Cortland Wrap.....

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Hello everyone, Here are the new pics of my Esoteric Irish themed Cue with a new Cortland wrap. Wow I should have done the Cortland all along. Now this cue looks like a true Irish theme cue. I what to say thanks for everyone who agreed that the cue would look great with this new wrap. I hope everyone enjoy the new look.:dance::dance:

Chris:smile:

Attachments

• DSC_0323.jpg
    DSC_0323.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • DSC_0326.jpg
    DSC_0326.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 937
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC_0330.jpg
    DSC_0330.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 831

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Hello everyone, Here are the new pics of my Esoteric Irish themed Cue with a new Cortland wrap. Wow I should have done the Cortland all along. Now this cue looks like a true Irish theme cue. I what to say thanks for everyone who agreed that the cue would look great with this new wrap. I hope everyone enjoy the new look.:dance::dance:

Chris:smile:

I also want to thank Ned Morris @ Morris Custom Cues for doing a fantastic job on this wrap. Thanks buddy.:thumbup:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! That looks so much better in my opinion, before it was a nice cue with a wrap that just didn't seem to fit and now the whole package works so much better together. Love the look of it!

Where did you get the Cortland?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew it........this was the perfect fit....... as soon as I spotted your cue with all its splendor I knew something was still missing......a little too much black in the original version.

Please help me find the perfect fit for one of my customs now underway.........I need Cortland #12 (white w/ black speck)........my last attempt didn't pan out and I don't have
another two more years to waste.......six to seven months is my deadline otherwise I'll need a light gray leather wrap which I really don't want to use.

Your cue turned out absolutely glorious looking........one to be envied for ages to come.

Congrats,

Matt B.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
I knew it........this was the perfect fit....... as soon as I spotted your cue with all its splendor I knew something was still missing......a little too much black in the original version.

Please help me find the perfect fit for one of my customs now underway.........I need Cortland #12 (white w/ black speck)........my last attempt didn't pan out and I don't have
another two more years to waste.......six to seven months is my deadline otherwise I'll need a light gray leather wrap which I really don't want to use.

Your cue turned out absolutely glorious looking........one to be envied for ages to come.

Congrats,

Matt B.

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm so glad who told me that I could pick up on this old Cortland from J. Pechauer Custom Cues, now this looks so nice, great playing cue to boot. I really love the cue. :clapping::clapping:

Chris:wink:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I recall, Rick suggested doing that after I originally mentioned that I loved the design but the missing touch was Cortland #9 which had the perfect green speck pattern........I have #9 on 4 of my cues......the feel of Cortland Linen as it ages from being played is tremendous........the sheen will develop and it will start to feel like silk........it's the best wrap ever made........FYI....Cortland is a hand woven fishing line while all the other Cuttyhunk fishing lines of that era were machine twisted.........your cue now looks complete.

Matt B.

p.s. here's a tip.....you can periodically burnish your #9 using a heavy round glass object that's perfectly smooth (ex. beer mug); just heat burnish the Cortland and you'll be amazed at the results.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks nice and balanced with the linen Chris. Only about 5 months to St. Patricks Day!:thumbup:

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Get yourself some "Renaissance" brand micro-crystalline preservative wax. It will only enhance and support the natural conditioning of the wrap AND entire cue from physical use. Do some research and you'll see why many agree there is nothing better....Enjoy your cue!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be Careful.......

I have been playing with Cortland Linen wraps for 6 decades.......IMO......do not put any wax or cleaning material on the Cortland Linen......at most, maybe a damp cloth rubbed in the same direction as the wrap ....dry rub vigorously thereafter and burnish the wrap with smooth round glass afterwards.....and periodically burnish the wrap with glass burnishing as needed .I speak from actual experience successfully caring for Cortland Linen wraps and if I could have found some #12, it would be on all my cues.......Remember Cortland #9 is a fishing line, i.e., dampness won't hurt it, so treat with water which will help protect the hand woven flax strands and the glass burnishing restores smoothness and sheen......keep all chemicals away from this great wrap.....doesn't matter what the name on the label is or the specific chemical contents.....Just remember this is a fishing line spun onto your cue......stick with water like I have and you'll never go wrong.

Matt B.

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
OP, No need to "be careful" :rolleyes:....YES, you CAN use Renassance wax on just about ANYTHING. It's used by museums on everything from airloom paintings, important documents, metal, rubber, cloth, wood (finished or nfinnished) etc...It WILL protect the linen line AND support its natural ware... I've used it for over 20 years on every part of all cues I've owned, made or worked on....

Those who have no experience using it or experienced an item that has been in its "care" should not give advise against it.

OP, once again, you CAN use it and you will be very happy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Advice is worth exactly how much you paid to get it."........ Cortland is becoming scarce ........don't take any chances.....check with Ned Morris whom installed the wrap or Rick at Esoteric......you've actually paid for their help and therefore their opinions should have added significance for you.

Last edited: