Orcullo vs Woodward

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I admire Bergman and Skylar for taking a shot at Orcullo, but they should probably match up with each other. That would be a great match- basically a pick em

I said this a while back they need to match up to find out who the #2 player in the US is. With Dechaine practically in semi-pro status I think those 2 matching up would be great. Or if they're really set on playing a Filipino go get Aranas. I feel like those are better more exciting match ups.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I admire Bergman and Skylar for taking a shot at Orcullo, but they should probably match up with each other. That would be a great match- basically a pick em

I think I would bet Skyler in that match up. Although he didn't beat Dennis, to me he looked very solid. Shot making and position play was first rate. He's a young guy and getting better all the time. Tons of talent.

Every time he was breaking I thought Skyler might string 5 or 6 racks, but he definitely had a problem with the 3 point break rule - a lot of break fouls and that killed his momentum. Face it, the only way you're going to beat Dennis is to put together multiple racks again and again.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The way they are playing, looks like neither one can push on a 3 point foul.

I didn't watch this event, but that is how they do it at the International 9-Ball Open -- neither player may push after a non-compliant break..

For the standard WPA 3-point rule, however, the breaker can push but the non-breaker cannot (as you originally wrote):

From WPA Regulation 18:

• (3) In accepting the table as is, the incoming player is not permitted to play a “push-out”, he must play a legal shot to the ball on.

(4) If the table is handed back to the breaker, the breaker is permitted to play a push-out. If so, his opponent will then have the choice to either play the shot, or hand it back.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I think I would bet Skyler in that match up. Although he didn't beat Dennis, to me he looked very solid. Shot making and position play was first rate. He's a young guy and getting better all the time. Tons of talent.

Every time he was breaking I thought Skyler might string 5 or 6 racks, but he definitely had a problem with the 3 point break rule - a lot of break fouls and that killed his momentum. Face it, the only way you're going to beat Dennis is to put together multiple racks again and again.

I didn't take sky and give up 10 games for nothing, he's 100% capable of beating dennis by 20 games. He just didn't do it.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe it was pat fleming that said the 3 point break rule is changing to a 2 point break rule? but 2020 is so hard to follow

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane vs Filler 9b.

Filler dont want Shane in 10b. Shane's break is still the best in 10b.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i believe it was pat fleming that said the 3 point break rule is changing to a 2 point break rule? but 2020 is so hard to follow

It was still to be a 3-point rule, except it was to be waived if 2 object balls were pocketed and no balls touched the head string.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It was still to be a 3-point rule, except it was to be waived if 2 object balls were pocketed and no balls touched the head string.

I think that would be better. There were some pretty firm breaks that did not make 3 points. That table was rolling very fast too. There are too many rolls in that rule. This would have been an amazing match to get your stats because of the high % of 1 balls pocketed and high percentage of non-compliant breaks.

It was pretty obvious even the commentators didn't understand the rules on day 1. My guess is we're going to end up with some version of it. The other difficulty is if one player isn't watching the balls rolling across the line and back out - I can see where there will be some arguments. They had to check the video on one rack because the breaker (Skyler) didn't see the break foul but Dennis did.

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Shane vs Filler 9b.

Filler dont want Shane in 10b. Shane's break is still the best in 10b.

I'm a big fan of Shane, but he is not the favorite
over Filler in any big table rotation game imo.

I'd still pay to see it.