Shane Still With Cuetec?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I noticed SVB didn't have any sponsor patches on his shirt at the Tornado Tournament. Is he still with Cuetec? Johnnyt

I also heard he was going with Joy Tables of China.

I noticed SVB didn't have any sponsor patches on his shirt at the Tornado Tournament. Is he still with Cuetec? Johnnyt

I seen a few pictures of him shooting (at the Tornado Open), and it appeared that he was still using that same Cuetec that he always uses. I imagine that he would have to change cues if he had a new sponsor.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

you'd think they'd get him some real shirts if they actually cared about it.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
As per usual...Google is your friend.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,461

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
That's the Cuetec website not Google, duh. Just kidding, I love the "Let Me Google That For You" website and send it to friends that ask the most wonderfully simple questions. It's amazing that people's vocabularies and knowledge in general isn't exploding tenfold given the ease of acquiring information on the internet, now you don't have to wait till you're in the shower 2.5 days after trying to figure out which actor/movie said the hilarious quote you just heard.

Neil

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
That's the Cuetec website not Google, duh. Just kidding, I love the "Let Me Google That For You" website and send it to friends that ask the most wonderfully simple questions. It's amazing that people's vocabularies and knowledge in general isn't exploding tenfold given the ease of acquiring information on the internet, now you don't have to wait till you're in the shower 2.5 days after trying to figure out which actor/movie said the hilarious quote you just heard.

Neil

I went to the Cuetec web site before I asked the question and saw SVB still on there. Earl was on there a few days at least before they took him off it...same with Allison F. Johnnyt

Fuji-whopper

Silver Member
J-S Sales definitely knew how to generate sales, signature cues and improving the finish on the shafts really did wonders for their bottom line. Glad to see that SVB is still on their website/payroll, out of how many millions of players out there he's one of the handful that honestly gets paid to play.

Neil

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Shane still shoot with an R360?

I know that about a year ago he started shooting with a different color cuetec (he used to have the black one). Is that still a 360 though? I noticed that he is able to put an extension on whatever type of cue it is, but they don't have an extension available for the 360

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Shane still shoot with an R360?

I know that about a year ago he started shooting with a different color cuetec (he used to have the black one). Is that still a 360 though? I noticed that he is able to put an extension on whatever type of cue it is, but they don't have an extension available for the 360

Recently I asked Cuetec about the R360 with an extension. They told me that SVB uses one like that and they currently do not offer their extension at this time but their old extension if it can be found would screw into any cue they offer that has a removable buttcap. They also mentioned because SVB uses one like that still they intended to offer in the future a cue and extension. No word on when that will be offered specifically at this time though.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I asked Cuetec about the R360 with an extension. They told me that SVB uses one like that and they currently do not offer their extension at this time but their old extension if it can be found would screw into any cue they offer that has a removable buttcap. They also mentioned because SVB uses one like that still they intended to offer in the future a cue and extension. No word on when that will be offered specifically at this time though.

Sorry, I don't remember the name but we have a member here on AZ That does conversions on cues that don't offer the extension option. From everything I've heard he does excellent work and is highly regarded ( especially with the SCHONS) maybe someone could jump in with the name incase anyone is interested?

Fuji-whopper

Silver Member
Sorry, I don't remember the name but we have a member here on AZ That does conversions on cues that don't offer the extension option. From everything I've heard he does excellent work and is highly regarded ( especially with the SCHONS) maybe someone could jump in with the name incase anyone is interested?

Seyberts.com also does quite a bit of with customization and conversions, KJ can do just about anything and their prices, knowledge and attitude are some of the best in the industry. They also make shafts to fit just about any cue including Cuetec, they were one of the few that did them.

Neil

Last edited:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"A better aiming system"..........do A pair of Shane's eyes come with each Cuetec??? WTF?. Lol

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ I believe that phrase comes from the fact that Shane uses the edges of the shaft as a reference point for aiming tough shots. There is a video about it on Youtube where Shane talks about how he aims shots that he doesnt shoot purely by feel :rolleyes:

The fact is that Shane could play just as well with any shaft he feels comfortable with but it is still nice to see him shooting with a budget cue for some odd reason.

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick follow up.

Had a chance to get together with Shane today.
Yes, he is still sponsored by Cuetec and confirmed that his playing shaft is an off the shelf Cuetec R360.
He jokingly gave me a hard time when he saw the Jacoby I recently picked up with 3 different low deflection shafts saying playability wise the Cuetec is as good. I have to agree that my R360 plays amazingly well.