Earl got spanked

poolmaster

Devilish
Silver Member
He lost to Corteza 11-5. Isn't that something. It just shows you how crazy
this game is. On the other hand , what's up with all this crap he's wearing,
I mean tape on his fingers,weight belts,gloves etc. Just curious, what's next maybe a clown suit. I wish I had a chance to meet him so I could
remind him that when he played at his best he didn't wear any of this
garbage.:confused::confused:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I mean tape on his fingers,weight belts,gloves etc. Just curious, what's next maybe a clown suit. I wish I had a chance to meet him so I could

He lost to Lee Van not some nobody, he is the best 9 ball player ever and still is a threat to win this US Open, no one playing Earl goes into it thinking its a lock or a bye in the tourney. Go Earl! :grin:

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's pretty disrespectful of you to talk about a great champion like Earl in that manner after he loses a match.

poolmaster

Devilish
Silver Member
I never said that Corteza is no body. He is one of the best players in the
world. What I ment was that Earl seemed hot and he lost kind of real bad.

If you want to talk about respect then let me tell you something, Earl is
a champion but he is also one of the most disrespectful players of all time.
I will say the same thing what Ralf told him at the Masconi, I respect his
game but not him as a person.:cool: AMEN

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I never said that Corteza is no body. He is one of the best players in the
world. What I ment was that Earl seemed hot and he lost kind of real bad.

If you want to talk about respect then let me tell you something, Earl is
a champion but he is also one of the most disrespectful players of all time.
I will say the same thing what Ralf told him at the Masconi, I respect his
game but not him as a person.:cool: AMEN

I think that was Daryl Peach and not Ralf. :wink:

poolmaster

Devilish
Silver Member
Cuetechsaurus

One more thing, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I. Some
people will agree with me and some with you and that is just the way
it is.:wink::wink:

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Respect him because he's a champion ? He's a loon! Even if he wasn't a loon, he's my age and you just don't go about beating the younger players. They have nerves and eyes. There is no amount of gadgetry that can fix that. Respect ? I believe personally that respect is something you have for a champion like Irving Crane or Jimmy Caras. Played the game well, were respectful of the game and carried themselves with class outside of the game. Earl is the best natural talent player ever, but that alone doesn't get my respect. If it does yours, good for you. We clearly have different sets of values. I get your intent, I just don't happend to agree with it. But remember this before calling someone out for their opinion. ANYONE in this country has the right to their opinion. Its called the 1st amendment of the Constitution.

tim

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He explained the tape on the fingers is because he doesn't want to feel the cue. DiLiberto said the arm weight was to keep his arm from moving. The long sleeved shirt was because it was cold.

Earl is an innovator, maybe some of it is overdone but he wouldn't have all those championships if not for his creative mind.

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
What did Earl wear exactly ?

He said weight belts etc..

Can someone give me some details?

EDIT : post above answered it

Any videos out of him playing in this, or an interview maybe with inside pool or something

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wore a weight on his right arm just for breaking also. I should say it appeared to be a weight.

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did Earl wear exactly ?

He said weight belts etc..

Can someone give me some details?

EDIT : post above answered it

Any videos out of him playing in this, or an interview maybe with inside pool or something

I have a banks match from Derby where he is wearing all this crap. Looks like a bionic pool player or something. He had that incredibly huge elbow brace thing, ankle weights, a weight lifting belt, batting glove on his right hand, tape on his fingers, that goofy tennis wrap on his cue. The only thing missing was his shooting glasses. Its funny to see him carrying his cue case and a large gym bag to hold all his accessories. Still love to watch him play though, he makes the near impossible seem effortless.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Its funny to see him carrying his cue case and a large gym bag to hold all his accessories.

At the Galveston World Classic, he carried his stuff around with him in a Kentucky Fried Chicken sack. I'm dead serious!!!

Maniac

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
All talk bout him, crazy, disrespecful, ect, ect, but the stands are pcked to capacity when his name is on the light....

Go Earl, the Pearl................."The American Destroyer" LOL LOL

Frankie

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Earl is the most gifted player there is, that being said, I hate to see him go off, I think if he could totally get away from the game for a year or so, he would be untouchable when he came back. As for as not being able to beat the younger players, I totally disagree with the age thing, that he can't compete with the younger players. If everything you owned was on on one player on one game, he wins you keep what you own, he loses, you lose everything you own. Honestly, how many players out there would you pick over Earl to play that game? How about one of the young guns (not).

Peter 808

Registered
Shooting Glasses?

Shooting glasses, now thats an idea. I mean they have it for golf. It is supposed to help the player read the green better. Why not for pool as well. Reduced glare, proper color tint to allow the eyes to adjust to the green felt, etc. :thumbup:

The only thing missing was his shooting glasses.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Whatever works for him.......or, whatever he THINKS works for him...

95% of you would wrap up like a Mummy, if you could play 1/2 of his speed. Bottom line..............