Maryland State Bar Table 10-ball Championships (Aug 12-13)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What if there was a ball behind the cue ball that was preventing the shooter from getting under the ball to jump it?

Would you mind filling out this form so the rest of us can keep up?

IMG_4545.PNG

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duhhh. One where the kicking lanes are blocked:eek:
Thank you.
(most of the time the obvious answers escape the reasoning processes of those who exist in a state of perpetual anger or testiness...)
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I really enjoyed watching Keith play on the stream. That is the only reason I bought it. Why can't people chill out and watch the show. He made a good showing for his self. Hope he keeps on playing.

Loved the way Earl played in the Final. He kept it together and played safe instead of going for the shot. Ran over the new kid like a steam roller.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it is funny, coz KMC, his first time back, after a decade +...still plays better than 3/4 of the people around us.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of 'mortal lock' safety leaves the possibility of a jump escape?

Dunno, anytime I can't see the ball it's pretty much mortal for me lol. As to Earl, some might think he came and played in this cause he smelt easy money, some may say cause he is just right up the road in Philly now, I'm a bettin it's because he found out it was a " no jump " room. Lol, being serious.

Also; yes of course it's their choice to play or not, but I know A LOT of people ( even those that played ) do not care for that no jump rule at all and I know it's kept some from going down there for action in the past many times. I understand why they have that rule BUT there's a big difference between two A PA 3s battling it out which they have every night of the week and having two heavy action guys betting it up in which the jump shot is a very important part of their games. Doesn't really matter to me anymore cause IF ya see me on a a table and that's a real big IF these days we will only be using two of the pockets anyhow and the jump doesn't come up that that often☺

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dunno, anytime I can't see the ball it's pretty much mortal for me lol. As to Earl, some might think he came and played in this cause he smelt easy money, some may say cause he is just right up the road in Philly now, I'm a bettin it's because he found out it was a " no jump " room. Lol, being serious.

Also; yes of course it's their choice to play or not, but I know A LOT of people ( even those that played ) do not care for that no jump rule at all and I know it's kept some from going down there for action in the past many times. I understand why they have that rule BUT there's a big difference between two A PA 3s battling it out which they have every night of the week and having two heavy action guys betting it up in which the jump shot is a very important part of their games. Doesn't really matter to me anymore cause IF ya see me on a a table and that's a real big IF these days we will only be using two of the pockets anyhow and the jump doesn't come up that that often☺

Here's a funny Earl story. :D

Back in, I think, 2003 or 2004, Earl maintained his disdain for jump cues. He just never liked them -- or jumping balls for that matter -- and he made his opinion known. Anybody who's been around Earl draws near to hear the world according to Earl on a field of green. He definitely has strong opinions about rules of pool and such.

Back then, Mike Gulyassy was one of the first cuemakers to come out with a strong jump cue. There were others, but Mike's jump cues were getting a little press at that time, and people were gobbling them up like hotcakes. Mike Gulyassy was in the house at Fast Eddies in Goldsboro, NC for the Carolinas Open, and he was the cue mechanic, but he also was selling his famous jump cues too.

I happened to be chatting with Mike and up walks Earl. Earl proceeds to start going off on a rant about those awful jump cues, and he's starting to get really heated about them, when I had to interrupt him and let him know that Mike, who was standing there, is selling his Gulyassy jump cue at this event. Earl immediately ceased talking about jump cues and for a brief moment had the deer-in-headlights look. :grin:

I spoke to Earl on the telephone this past Saturday. I hadn't seen him in a long while, and we exchanged pleasantries. I asked him what cue he was shooting with. It's a Mike Gulyassy cue, and he loves it.:thumbup2:

Interestingly, Earl and Keith both believe the tip is the most important thing, more so than the cue. Keith likes a cue with a little guts to it and a lot of forward balance. It is because of the way he holds his cue, I think. Earl likes a longer cue. But both agree that a cue ain't worth anything if it doesn't have a good tip.

I can remember Keith changing his tip at almost every event we went to back when we were traveling on the tournament trail. So there's my tip for you from the two veterans. [Pun intended.] :wink: