chutting cue butt

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a predator sneaky peat with linen wrap. I want to have a cue maker cut the butt so it is like a break jump butt. Will this make the stick feel very different. How much will it throw off the balance.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a predator sneaky peat with linen wrap. I want to have a cue maker cut the butt so it is like a break jump butt. Will this make the stick feel very different. How much will it throw off the balance.

If you use a G10 pin for the joint instead of a metal screw it will not change the feel much. But if you use metal it will change the balance and feel.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a quick release g10? I don't jump often so it would not be a major inconvenience if I had to screw and unscrew

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy a 3/8-10 aluminum quick release pin.
I would never do such a job though. Break/jump cues is a compromise. Spend the money on a separate jump cue.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a quick release g10? I don't jump often so it would not be a major inconvenience if I had to screw and unscrew

No g10 quick release but there are some lighter than Unilock quick release joints. A separate jump cue specially if you don't jump often. :)

Mario