record of misses

sharkrus

Registered
My memory of my mistakes played during league is fairly short lived. I have wondered if there is a pattern to my mistakes & or if there are particular shots/ position play that recur. At any rate my question is whether anyone has ever kept careful notes on their game over a period of time, how they did this(logistics), & did it help?
Thanks
Bob

ginky

Professional Pool Player
Silver Member
yes.

My memory of my mistakes played during league is fairly short lived. I have wondered if there is a pattern to my mistakes & or if there are particular shots/ position play that recur. At any rate my question is whether anyone has ever kept careful notes on their game over a period of time, how they did this(logistics), & did it help?
Thanks
Bob
absolutley. you should always remember your mistakes, whether is a mental record or on paper, keep them in mind, work on them to try and perfect them, and if u feel like ur not confident in taking the same shot, when it comes up again, whether its 2 days from now or 2 years, you will look back and remember what you did wrong, and youll either take the risk and try to execute it well, or go the other, safer , more confident route.

ginky

Melissa Morris

I totally agree with ginky.. It's good to keep those mistakes in your mind or write them down somewhere.. It will help you from making them again

sharkrus

Registered
Notes on misses

If I read between the lines, I take it that you dont Take (detailed)notes on your misses....unfortunately we sometimes focus on the shot we miss, rather than the mediocre shot that put us in position to make a low % shot. I have never seen anyone take a pencil & pen with them to their seat & recording why they screwed up. Particular misses may haunt for a while, but even those dont necessarily result in defined practice sets & corrections. Agree?