WPBA Satellite Tour at Borderline Billiards in Bristol, TN

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
WPBA BORDERLINE BILLIARDS SATELLITE TOUR - OPEN REGISTRATION BEGINS TUESDAY, MAY 26TH, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Women’s Professional Billiard Association is pleased to announce that Borderline Billiards, owned by WPBA Exempt Professional Janet Atwell, will play host to the WPBA’s first Satellite Tour Event, July 10th – 12th, 2009. The WPBA Satellite Tour will be a series of non-televised tournaments offering players of all calibers the opportunity to compete against some of the Top WPBA Pro’s on tour.

Janet Atwell, Owner/Proprietor of Borderline Billiards, is excited to host the inaugural Tournament. “It has always been my goal to change the public’s perception of billiards and have it see billiards as the classy and competitive sport that it truly is. The start to reaching that goal came when I renovated a 1929 building in historic downtown Bristol, TN and opened Borderline Billiards. Bristol is known around the country as the “Birthplace of Country Music” and the world’s fastest half-mile NASCAR track. It is my hope that by hosting a WPBA Satellite Event such as this, Bristol will also be known for “billiards the way it ought to be”.

Borderline Billiards is adding $10,000 to the prize fund. The field will consist of 64 competitors made up of Women Exempt players and amateurs alike. Exempt Prior Registration ends the evening of May 25th. The prize purse is nearly $20,000 and payouts will go to 50% of the field.

Open player registration begins Tuesday, May 26th, 2009. At that time, all female players may register by going to www.wpba.com and clicking the “Borderline Billiards Open Registration” link (online registration & payment only). The entry fee is $150 (registration fees apply) and all players must be WPBA Player Members to participate – WPBA Conditional Membership will be available at the Registration & Payment Center. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis until the field is filled.

The 2009 Presenting Sponsor for WPBA Web Streaming, Pooldawg.com, is pleased to announce free, live web streaming from this event, including the semi finals & the final match! Stay tuned for more information about free, live web streaming.

Check www.wpba.com for updated information as it is made available.

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
:thumbup: as of 7:00pm PST there are only 29 spots left :grin-square:

Anne - WPBA

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
Bump Bump -

Ok ladies - there are FIVE spots left - JUST five to make a complete 64 player field. Here's your chance to prove your mettle against some of the best players in the world! Kelly Fisher, Allison Fisher, Monica Webb, Melissa Herndon, Gerda Hofstatter, Ewa Laurance. BIG names and a nice juicy $19,600 prize purse too :) Get on over to www.wpba.com for all the info and to register :) OK? ok!

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
Waiting list for WPBA Borderline Billiards Satellite Event

Hi ladies,

If anyone would like to be placed on the waiting list for the Borderline Billiards Satellite Tour Event please email info1@wpba.com