Light for 9' table

supercoupe5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking and searching for some time now looking for the best size light to put over my Gold Crown. I have seen many posts about lights but nothing with sizes. If I remember corecctly a 9' GC is 9' X 4' 6" with a playing surface of 50" X 100". What I am wondering is what is the best size for the light to be over the table. Thanks Dave

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
I have been looking and searching for some time now looking for the best size light to put over my Gold Crown. I have seen many posts about lights but nothing with sizes. If I remember corecctly a 9' GC is 9' X 4' 6" with a playing surface of 50" X 100". What I am wondering is what is the best size for the light to be over the table. Thanks Dave
I've looked at a variety of lights, including the ones sold directly through Brunswick. The best guess is all I can give you.. which is it's not as much the size of the light as it is the height from the table surface that the light hangs.

miket973

Registered
make your own, i did it using 4 4' florescence n its perfect i wouldnt change a thing. if i knoew how to post some pics i would PM me if you want i can give you some more details

supercoupe5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to buy one. I want to build one. I am just not sure what a good size is for a 9' table. Thanks Dave

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
I've had a Gc in my basement for a long time. I picked up a light from our local hall when I put the table in. Its just over 6' long. It originally had a fixture for 6' fluorescents but they are very expensive and hard to get. So I installed a 4' and a 2'. Just wired them together. It hangs at the perfect height. Hope this helps. Don

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 403
  • PICT0011 (2).JPG
    PICT0011 (2).JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 407

Harold Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I love about those lights is how it blacks out all the other parts of the room except for the table.---Smitty

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Where I play, they have wooden boxed lights like that over the 9ft tables and the wood comes to the first diamond on each end..so about 8ft long without taking an actual measurement

supercoupe5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got light drawings from disoriano. I really like what he made but think I want them a little larger. Dave

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't mean a 9' bulb, sorry for confusion.

For their 9' light Diamond recommends a 59 watt, single pin, F096/741/ECO bulb.

The dimensions for the 9' light are 26" x 102"

Hope that clears it up!

Mike

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've built several lights... here are just a few.

Building lights is fun & you can make a few bucks doing it. Shipping is costly, but it's a necessity.

Attachments

• aa 3 legs 5.JPG
    aa 3 legs 5.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Crown Light Bottom sm 2.JPG
    Crown Light Bottom sm 2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Monty LITE sm.jpg
    Monty LITE sm.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Oak Light 1.JPG
    Oak Light 1.JPG