Custom Sugartree

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a custom Sugartree for sale. 2 shafts-1 has been chalked and the other is unchalked.

$Sold$ PayPal including shipping worldwide. I’ll pay the fees. I have this cue listed on Facebook as well.

Thanks for looking.

15.87oz is the butt weight.
African Blackwood and Spalted Curly Maple
Buffalo horn on the buttcap and joint

2a9fc6b1bd725a7ec1469fbfde7d89a9.jpg
167d90f1dc9570d2eddc8f549c0e0198.jpg
f47d0348e0ade716762cbef05848893d.jpg
085ffa2086d8a4717610f69e86f602ab.jpg
80135e472294de116933fa5524faf183.jpg
20180902/5b29993b6fa28949acc08c3bb08877d7.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dedeye1209

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgive my ignorance, but why would ANY CUE with no points or inlays be worth nearly $3K?

Eric Crisp is good, but he's not Harvey Martin or Tad Kohara.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Forgive my ignorance, but why would ANY CUE with no points or inlays be worth nearly $3K?

Sugartrees are known to be in high demand and i doubt Eric is taking orders anymore due to a long waiting list.
Also, ebony nosed cues are expected to fetch a higher premium and supply n demand plays an role as well.
Lastly, the seller has every right to demand the price tag of the value he perceived it to be.

Good luck with sales !

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sugartrees are known to be in high demand and i doubt Eric is taking orders anymore due to a long waiting list.

Also, ebony nosed cues are expected to fetch a higher premium and supply n demand plays an role as well.

Lastly, the seller has every right to demand the price tag of the value he perceived it to be.

Good luck with sales !

Thanks for the explanation before I could reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
228   1   0
Nice cue! I was the original owner and the woods are actually African Blackwood and Spalted Curly Maple. GLWS.

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Alright AZers, I’ve had a like of likes for this cue on the Facebook groups. Who wants to buy this cue.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0

I have a 4 point Tad Hoppe and a Harvey Martin Tad.
Both cues cost me about as much as my Sugar Tree and in the past I've paid more and less for Sugar Trees.
Not a good comparison, in fact I can't think of any cues to compare from a pricing standpoint to Sugar Tree.
I turned down 5k for my plain jane 70's Kersenbrock.
Some day Eric's cues will be very collectible as well, and they are fairly sought after now.

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 4 point Tad Hoppe and a Harvey Martin Tad.

Both cues cost me about as much as my Sugar Tree and in the past I've paid more and less for Sugar Trees.

Not a good comparison, in fact I can't think of any cues to compare from a pricing standpoint to Sugar Tree.

I turned down 5k for my plain jane 70's Kersenbrock.

Some day Eric's cues will be very collectible as well, and they are fairly sought after now.

Thank you for the explanation also. People value items differently. To some a cue with points, others the name of the maker. However, the most important part of any purchase is knowing that you are happy with what you have purchased. Just because I listed this cue for $2800 doesn’t mean it will or won’t sell for what I am asking for it. If a buyer comes along and believes this what he wants. He will pay what he is willing to pay wether it’s the full amount or a negotiated price. But again most importantly is that they are getting what they want.

Thanks again for the explanation to the other post and I hope you don’t think this response is an attack or justification. I feel It’s more reinforcement to your post.

Have a good day.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a wonderful cue. If it sells for 2800, that's great...until you want it back. Then realize there isn't another one out there for any price. Then 2800 is too cheap! Beautiful cue. Love it. GLWS!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Thank you for the explanation also. People value items differently. To some a cue with points, others the name of the maker. However, the most important part of any purchase is knowing that you are happy with what you have purchased. Just because I listed this cue for $2800 doesn’t mean it will or won’t sell for what I am asking for it. If a buyer comes along and believes this what he wants. He will pay what he is willing to pay wether it’s the full amount or a negotiated price. But again most importantly is that they are getting what they want.

Thanks again for the explanation to the other post and I hope you don’t think this response is an attack or justification. I feel It’s more reinforcement to your post.

Have a good day.

I had similar comment on Facebook when I posted a 4 point Murray Tucker cue for $2300.
All because the cue had no inlays.
It was actually a $3000 cue.
The guy who I got into it with has now been bounced from all the important groups, so he can only post his negative BS on his own page.
It is hilarious, he's been trying to get into our group and we don't approve or decline him.
We just leave it alone for entertainment purposes.

Unfortunately you can't delete comments by others on AZ Billiards like you can on Facebook.
I've only blocked 2 people on Facebook.
If I get those type of sales knocking comments with no interest in buying the cue I will delete & block, which is one of the advantages of social media vs. a web based forum.
Overall I prefer AZ Billiards over Facebook expect for that particular function.
I'm sure the guys who do it are trying to show how much they know about cues, but it is considered sales knocking, and not allowed.

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sold as of 15 mins ago. Thank you for looking everyone. Also, thank you to the buyer.