John Schmidt Poll

Was John out of line during the TAR one pocket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Some *super humans* should think a bit before making too *well thought* comments.

Both has been playing for ELEVEN hours- and if there is pressure, and combined with such a high amount of time being under pressure- don t you think that you re looking to handle this in any way? Some breaking inside together- some trying to overcome it by expressing themselve etc. --

for this unbelievable match- imo it was all the way ok.

But i have to say, that i haven t seen the 10ball game on last day- had to work.

8b was normal- onepocket was great- and 11 hours of pure *war* with all emotions and situations a railbird is looking for.

just my 2 cents.

Both- John and Corey made a fantastic job.

lg
Ingo

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I didn't see the PPV. So I have no right to comment on it, or anything that may have been said.

I did watch the podcast from last week, though. I was, let me say, "disappointed" in how John kept coming back to how the Leagues should be sponsoring pro pool. Justin tried to ask him "why" once, but it got derailed. It just seemed odd, the attitude he displayed, discussing how much money the Leagues were making and they werent giving anything to support the pro's. As I said, I was disappointed.

That having been said, john was one of my favorites going into that podcast, and he remains one of my favorites. I'm quite sure that many folks don't like things I say, so who am I to judge, especially based on such a small sample size. We don't all have to agree, but its nice if we can agree to disagree sometimes.

(And for the record, as an APA player, I wouldn't be against some sort of arrangement between the League and the pro's, but it can't simply be charity.)

nikotesla

ninja in training
Silver Member
He was definitely out of line and disrespectful at that moment. i think John is a very calm and respectful guy in general so it was surprising to me that he went that far. i have seen him mumble during matches but not in any way his opponent would hear him. i have seen him physically show emotions but never verbally during a match while opponent is at the table. i think it was just the heat of the moment and i wouldn't think less of him just because of that incident, but i think he now knows that it's unacceptable in the fans' eyes and be more careful about the sound level of his whining.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
He was definitely out of line and disrespectful at that moment.

How about when Corey shot that 12-ball out of the pack? John jumps up and starts ranting on how Corey was trying to make the 6-ball and not the 12 and goes on and on how lucky it was and starts telling Ken "look, he was not even playing that ball, he was playing the 6-ball, this guy is the luckiest guy ever, this is BS". All the while it is STILL Corey's shot and he was forced to wait for about a minute while John had his little tantrum over that shot.

Whining is one thing but doing what John did while Corey was at the table and shooting goes way beyond just a little whining, an opponent should NOT have to stop shooting for a minute because their opponent leaps out of their chair and goes off about a shot they thought was lucky as they walk around the table and all over the very small room talking about it loudly to everyone including the commentator/ref.

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it all, I voted.

John was out of line IMO. That was a critical point in the 1p match that he decided to slander Corey and call him a m'effer while Corey was at the table. John had nothing to lose by acting out.

If John would have called and bothered someone else at the table maybe they would have asked him to step outside to the back alley to repeat what he said a little closer.

I was surprised at what happened because of John's golf background, the proper thing to do would be to take it like a man instead of complain at every little (and I mean every little thing) along the way 'till it started to roll his way.
^^^^^^ That is a tell tale sign of a poor sport, sorry. Put up or shut up just don't pull someone's rug when they are standing on it. Toot your own horn when it's your turn.....period.

Personally, I take it as a form of sharking when you start running your mouth when you got nothing to lose, especially when you are NOT at the table. Just STFU and sit there already.

If John wanted to ***** so much why didn't he do it when it was his turn at the table..(oh I forgot he did).....then you can run your mouth all you want to an extent.

Funny thing is John couldn't figure out in the TAR interview why pool isn't gaining traction in general and on the big screen:rolleyes:

daddyfats

Registered
I didn't watch the match. I did watch the podcast and John mentioned several times that pool would never be a big spectator sport until players started acting up and there were more bad guys and controversy. He didn't put it exactly that way, but that was the point he was making.
Perhaps he was trying out the theory.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Funny - everyone sided with John in the Danny H. drama but here he is the bad guy. Wish people would make up their minds

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think John is a bad guy, he just made a mistake to some.

Everyone makes them, just have to man up to 'em.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know how John still has teeth.

When he was living here he got knocked on his a$$ more than once. Once by the owner of one of the the poolrooms.
He was playing a buddy one hole for $500 and it came down to a spot shot and as he watched my bddy getting ready to shoot he waited until he started foreward with his stroke and screamed MISS!
He moved to the northeast and pretended he owned a poolroom there too and was treated about the same.
How anyone can play that well and have a head for a punching bag is really something.
S c H m I d T way to pick a name. Every other letter spells his charactor.
That is about the nicest thing I have heard said about him.
Nick :)

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I watched the set at Jamaica Joe's in OKC and to me John was frustrated. I didn't think it was overboard though. He was just being real. I thought john got every goofy roll a person can get to for first 6 games. I woulda said more honestly. Y'all act like Corey is an angel.

bestinthezest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant think of Tar match yet, where someones attitude, actions, clothing, or eating habits have not been discussed. A lot of people act different when then are under the gun. I am not saying it is right or wrong.

Most of these guys make a living playing pool. So, you are getting true emotions. Alot of us know wheather we are eating steak or cheeseburger on Friday. Some pool players dont know if they are eating steak, cheeseburgers, potted meat, or not at all. Personally, I like seeing ther real emotions. It may or not be out of line. But it is real. Thats what action should produce.

If you want a morgue match. Then you will have to get Ralph Soquet vs Thorsten Homan. The quality of play would be high. But there would be know need of having them miced up. This may interest alot of people. I like a little emotion. Mike and Hatch was a little overboard. But, If you see SVB smack his stick because he misses a ball, so what, he wants to win. He is venting.

Not every little thing needs to be judged. Let these guys get in the pit and do what they do. TAR has a great thing going. Lets not disect every little thing.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Did you listen as well?

He was full on Jimmy King.

The crying and woofing got to Corey for sure.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted yes and i did not watch the match, pool is a gentleman's game.. especially gambling. You should NEVER be talking to a player who is studying the table or already running a rack. If you want to vent you do it while its your shot, or in between games is most appropriate.. calling another player lucky to their face while play is still going is a SHARK. It's not a question it's a fact.

I think TAR is doing great, but maybe quit trying to be everybody's friend and lay down some real rules.. aka penalty's

A good standard would be.. ok this would bother me if i was playing.. WARNING.. and so on! ok thanks

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I did not watch

I know who they are trying to promote as a 'Whiner' - it's Schmidt, I would not watch John if they paid me under their crybaby format/ hidden agenda. Corey plays on the west coast - favortism. Ken schunamen (who worships Schmidt) is the ref - favortism. Corey does not know how much of an intense crybaby/wimp Schmidt really is, nor does he realize obviously that Justin and Ken will allow John to cry and show his ass and do nothing - if that will help John win. Even if I were playing more pool I would not play another match up with TAR and Schmidt - he is obnoxious with his crybaby bull#^%&. I think it may be Justin's goal to show everyone just how unprofessional a pool player can act. It may be his way at getting even with the sport since he never made a player himself, some people just grew up in a house where drama was present, they see that their is a reward in crying - untill they get what they want. On a scale from 1-10 ten being the highest rated crybaby, Schmidt is an eleven if he thinks it will help him win. I think we can count on Justin to help promote more matches where there is lots of drama and sharking from both players. Myself I just love the game, winning is not so important that I have to stoop to the crybaby level in order to win.

Last edited:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the internet

we have all fallen victim to that which we despise. Here we are falling under the pressure of a thread, it's no different to sharking if you ask me. This is the internet and a forum where some looser can sit butt naked in his trailer smoking lucky strikes drinking Colt 45 "or whatever" just waiting for something, anything to come up so he can make a comment on.

Fact of the matte is that there is no pleasing people these day, not when they have the internet to rant on about all their inner feeling. Too slow, fast, sharking, bias, this, that and the F***ing other. Has there ever been a TAR match where there has not been a Thread following, talking about "most likely the player who beat their player. Or has there ever been one saying WOW what match, those guys really went at it, thanks TAR, you guys were in the front lines.

these threads only survive because we support them, let's from today on, just not comment/reply to them so that they don't win, because you can deny it all you want but they always win....

JUST ASK SCHMIDT, LOL

P.S.
I would nut myself to see Ralf in the box, were i can just watch pool and not how the players are acting. "but that will prob never happen cause some indecisive people post here not knowing what they want, pool or entertainment"