Billiards Digest 50 Greatest Players of the Century

john noe

Registered
Surprising to see Efren listed as 29th best player of all time with Nick Varner and Steve Mizerak listed before him. Don't get me wrong Both Nick and Steve were legendary players but Efren should have been listed ahead of both of them. Even Earl Strickland listed 17th I wouldn't put him ahead of Efren either. Based on these egregious errors at least to my mind I do not trust this list at all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any list that has Eddie Taylor below Lori Jon Jones is questionable.

And no Rudolph wanderone? Everybody knows that cat.

Pensacola

This is what happens when there are only young people making up lists; and then to stupid to realize that there were over a hundred male players that no woman could have beaten. To attempt to set the record straight, between 1920-1980 the accepted best were:
14:1.................Greenleaf-Mosconi-
9-ball..............Willis-Lassiter-Hall
1-pocket.......Lingo-Rags Fitzpatrick-Ronnie Allen
banks............Taylor
3-cushion....Hoppe-Fouracre-Harold Worst
All Around..Harold Worst-Johnny Lineen (Irish)
Strongest Gamblers:
Eddie Beauchene(Whitey)-Ronnie Allen-Richie Florence
Anderson-Springer-Hitchcock were too much undercover, for anyone to really know where to place them.
Richard Hunziker (Pensacola Fl) was probably the greatest 10' table Snooker player who lived during those times,
had his own room and never traveled. Either beat or broke even with all road player at 9-ball except Rempe. Beat all Straight Pool players including Mizerak, and all Snooker players including Chenier, playing even with 15 red balls

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah Minnesota Fats was probably the best player that ever lived! As one hustler told me, “he was so good that everyone thought he sucked!” .. 🎱