Using pocket lines to aim. Did I invent this system?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using the object balls pocket line as a aiming reference. It seems to me that the object balls true pocket line, which is easy to measure with your cue, is a perfect straight line. To the middle of the pocket. If the cue ball is let’s say one ball apart from the pocket line, this is telling me I only need a small pivot from center to center. Maybe a 1/4 tip pivot.

If the cue ball is I.5 ball lengths away from the pocket line, the pivot would be 1/2 tip from center to center.

And if the cue ball is 2 ball lengths OR MORE, it’s close to a half ball hit.

I somehow started using this system, and it’s working big time for me. The only problem is that I’m always using my cue to do a quick measurement. I mean it’s not illegal or anything, but I’m sure my opponent could get pissed, or maybe not.

I don’t know if I invented this system or not, all I know is that the longer I use and fine tune this system, the better I’m playing.

Is using pocket line a true system????

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using the object balls pocket line as a aiming reference. It seems to me that the object balls true pocket line, which is easy to measure with your cue, is a perfect straight line. To the middle of the pocket. If the cue ball is let’s say one ball apart from the pocket line, this is telling me I only need a small pivot from center to center. Maybe a 1/4 tip pivot.

If the cue ball is I.5 ball lengths away from the pocket line, the pivot would be 1/2 tip from center to center.

And if the cue ball is 2 ball lengths OR MORE, it’s close to a half ball hit.

I somehow started using this system, and it’s working big time for me. The only problem is that I’m always using my cue to do a quick measurement. I mean it’s not illegal or anything, but I’m sure my opponent could get pissed, or maybe not.

I don’t know if I invented this system or not, all I know is that the longer I use and fine tune this system, the better I’m playing.

Is using pocket line a true system????

It's done. In my starter environment it was called cinching the ball/shot. If it satisfies your requirements then move on. The big flaw is if you only do this, you confine your patterns by having to play around the "one way cue ball action". Ultimately your method should address potting and all subsequent elements independently.

In less words, learn center ball on all potting. Shoot balls on THEIR OWN LINE. Learn the dynamics of cue ball direction without side spin.