Who is this man?

Who IS this tall, dark, and handsome man?!?

• Tony Chohan

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • Amar Kang

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • Both Amar and Tony: they are one and the same man.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • That's John Fiedelschnitzer! Omg!

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Travis Trotter! Thanks!

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

blah blah

Shoebat
Here's the picture below. Check out the player on the left-hand side of the picture, to the left side of the player seated, wearing a black and white T-shirt, sporting a gold chain, holding the pool cue in his right hand, pinky out on the cue.

mar292008JointedCue1stday077.jpg

**Disclaimer: this poll is for fun and is intended purely for passing time. None of the people in the picture, correctly identified or not, have consented to the public use of this public photo. No animals were harmed in the taking or posting of this photo. The results of this poll will in no way affect the outcome of any current past or possible future signed dollar bets, existing or not, especially since current signed dollar proposed bettors cannot agree on an arbitrator (anonymous posters need not apply). Side effects of viewing said blurry photo include dizziness, hazy memory recall, and loss of valuable work hours.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of Amar Kang on the left and Tony Chohan on the right.

Notice the higher forehead and chubbier nose on Tony Chohan!

Attachments

• U.S. Open 2003 049.JPG
    U.S. Open 2003 049.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,180

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Notice there is more space between Amar's eyebrows and his eyelids than Tony's eyebrows and eyelids! :)

Attachments

• Keith-Falcon Tour-Sterling, Virginia 023.jpg
    Keith-Falcon Tour-Sterling, Virginia 023.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,160

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another Tony Chohan shot on the right, posing with Alex Pagulayan on thed left! This was taken at the 2005 U.S. Open.:)

Attachments

• 2005 U.S. Open 016.JPG
    2005 U.S. Open 016.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,155

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure it's Whoopi Goldberg.

LOL! :grin-square:

Once again, check the space between the eyebrows and the eyelids on Tony Chohan in this picture, and then look at the picture in question for the poll. :wink:

Attachments

• 2005 U.S. Open 015.JPG
    2005 U.S. Open 015.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,146

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL! :grin-square:

Once again, check the space between the eyebrows and the eyelids on Tony Chohan in this picture, and then look at the picture in question for the poll. :wink:
Did Alex just hit his nuts on something?

Maybe someone asked him if he knew the capital ot Thailand. It pays to know your geography. :)

BVal

Last edited:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
JAM, do you have any pictures of Tony where he doesn't have his head shaved?
There is a trend here... Amar has his hair cut, Tony shaves his head... Have you called Tony yet?

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% Amar.

That cue is a Joss that Amar used to break with. Tony plays and broke with SW. Before that it was a Hunter. Amar all the way in that pic.

RenoRex

High Desert Dweller
Silver Member
This is the Famous "Jointed Cue" in Sacramento with Amar Kang on the left and "Fast Eddie" Clark seated on the right ... His presence is greatly missed each and every day.

blah blah

Shoebat
This is the Famous "Jointed Cue" in Sacramento with Amar Kang on the left and "Fast Eddie" Clark seated on the right ... His presence is greatly missed each and every day.

Yes.

What started this whole thing was the pics of poolrooms thread. I was looking for one of the Jointed Cue and right off, saw: Chao (doesn't play or come in much anymore), Loren (still around), Bosey (with the hat- he's made it in maybe... 1ce in three years) and Eddie Clark (no longer with us).

I saw all of those old time regulars and chose that one for the thread. I didn't really notice Amar when I posted it, but I do remember trying to catch pics of him during the tourney. Here I was sitting at table 16's theatre chairs using the zoom- hence the fuzziness and the slightly lower perspective.

Course the guy on the left is still being identified. It could be John Fiedelschnitzer. Any votes?

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
thats travis trotter he just beat his dad 7-0 on table 9 with that cuetec that allison fisher signed thanks

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, do you have any pictures of Tony where he doesn't have his head shaved?
There is a trend here... Amar has his hair cut, Tony shaves his head... Have you called Tony yet?

Hi, Tom. I do have a ton of Tony C. pics, but they are on my old computer, and the CD drive is busted on it. I can't plug in an external CD because the new external CDs have "high-speed USB plugs," and my old desktop, even though it has Windows XP, does not recognize it. So I have to move pics from that computer to my new computer via a 3.5 floppy diskette. :eek:

I am now seeing the overwhelming majority voting for Amar Kang in the picture. Also, Oscar said it, and that holds a lot of weight for me too.

My other half cannot locate Tony C.'s cell phone number yet. If you saw his filing system, you'd understand why. Men! :angry:

I do have two hand-scribbled numbers that only say "Michigan." So I may call one of them and see if it's Tony C. On the caller-ID, we have two Michigan numbers right now, but I think, because of the date, they are another Michigan player who was in Vegas last week. I remember him calling here, giving us the Vegas pool smut. :wink:

Anyway, to make a long story short. I am still searching for Tony's cell. I hope he calls here again soon, in case I can't find it. :grin-square:

I am now on the fence about if it's Tony C. Again, I showed the picture to my other half, who at first said it's neither of them, but last night, he said, "Well, it could be Amar. Look at that pinky." Blah Blah also mentioned Amar's pinky. :eek:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I can't believe those two guys are sitting on the Gold Crown!

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure who the guy with the cue is but I can confirm that the guy on the far right, green shirt, arms folded is definitely John Fiedelschnitzer;)