knoxville, tn: places to play?

blah blah

Shoebat
I have 6 hrs to kill in Knoxville. Are there any places to play with 9 ft tables? I've tried several places google supplied already- and they've all closed down! : (

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last time I was there, I went to Knoxville Billiard Club on Chapman Hwy. They had four 9-footers and maybe a half dozen bar boxes. Is it closed now?

fasteddienc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Breakers

Viking tour has been there all weekend and may still be there now...5000 Clinton Highway ...phone is 865-688-6475....Breakers Sports Bar and Grill

blah blah

Shoebat
Thank you for the speedy responses. I went to the billiard club on chapman and it sure looked like it had closed down. I never went up to see- i'd like to think they're closed on Sundays...

Ended up going to a movie and made it in to Breakers around 12.30. Watched a 4 man ring game and the end of a tourney. Unfortunate roll in last game. Went up to the tournament board to see who was in it, the races, number of players- anything- and a guy came running up and erased it while I was looking at it. So 'Charlie' won it. Yay charlie. Friendly place. But it was nicer than driving in circles all night. Thanks to everyone who replied.

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad if that is the case about Knoxville Billiard Club, Great small room. When I lived in Knoxville, it was open 24/7, 365 days a year.

blah blah

Shoebat
: ( there were no cars around the building, and the building was almost covered in huge neon signs proclaiming its existence- but they were not lit at all. Door was dark, whole little area looked sad and abandoned. I didn't drive up (steep driveway with little promise), or actually pull on the door. : (

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
: ( there were no cars around the building, and the building was almost covered in huge neon signs proclaiming its existence- but they were not lit at all. Door was dark, whole little area looked sad and abandoned. I didn't drive up (steep driveway with little promise), or actually pull on the door. : (
Opens at 10AM 7 days a week. If you were watching the ring game, my son was in it(KtownD)

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
i was one of the 4. sat and sun night.

Opens at 10AM 7 days a week. If you were watching the ring game, my son was in it(KtownD)

What? They play ring games there? :eek:

I left around 12 on sunday night. The game had been going 8 hours when I left.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Nah, wasn't me. I played for a while Sat night but not Sunday. I went to the lake Sunday, no pool for me.

If it was the Viking Open mini tournament then it was likely Charlie Lane that won it.

Last edited:

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I've asked you this before. What happened to Lefty, Eddie Money, and that short red-headed guy that played the barbox?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I know I've asked you this before. What happened to Lefty, Eddie Money, and that short red-headed guy that played the barbox?

Lefty is still kickin' but doesn't play much anymore. Eddie Money moved out of the area and was driving a truck out west last I heard. Don't know which short red-headed guy you might be talking about.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lefty is still kickin' but doesn't play much anymore. Eddie Money moved out of the area and was driving a truck out west last I heard. Don't know which short red-headed guy you might be talking about.

Thanks bro. I used to match up with them both. Lefty played pretty level pool. Solid. Eddie, I'd love to play some again. Any place take over WK Sports Bar in Alcoa? Is the Cellar Bar still there? I used to hit all of those joints.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Thanks bro. I used to match up with them both. Lefty played pretty level pool. Solid. Eddie, I'd love to play some again. Any place take over WK Sports Bar in Alcoa? Is the Cellar Bar still there? I used to hit all of those joints.

Both are closed, for the most part the only real action around is at KBC or at Breakers.