What's the Longest Straight Pool Race You Have Played?

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys

As the title of the thread says, I was wondering what is the highest points Straight Pool match you have played, either in a match up or tournament?

So far the longest race I've played in was a 200 point game with a buddy and practice partner a number of years ago, but now that I've started competing again at 9ball, I'd like to go back to playing alot more straight pool again and would like to play a few long matches like a 500 - 1000 point games, purely for the benifit of strengthening my all round abilities again :)

And so with this in mind, I was wondering what's the highest number of points you good people have played to? :)

Thank you in advance and I lookforward to reading your replies :)

Willie

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend and I play races to 5. each game 100 points. I don't get to shoot with him as often as I would like but we go get to do this a couple of times a year.

My longest single game was to 200.

Andy

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
My friend and I usually play short games. I give him 10 balls so we play 75-65. Only thing is we only have 15 innings to complete it. If we don't reach our goal in 15 innings it's a dead game. We'll usually knock off 3 or 4 of those a night. Longest game we've ever done was 1500-1400 points. I gave him a hundred balls on that one. But, we had to stretch that over a couple of sessions. I think the longest match we've played at one time was like 150-120.

I personally prefer the short matches with limited innings.
MULLY
my best game in that 75-65 is 6 innings

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend and I play races to 5. each game 100 points. I don't get to shoot with him as often as I would like but we go get to do this a couple of times a year.

My longest single game was to 200.

Andy

I played a 200 point match the other day. It's been a couple years since I played seriously. I think I hit the wall by the half way point. Didn't get a second wind. My opponent sprinted away at the midway mark and never looked back. I wonder if extending the game to 500 would have made a difference.

Poolmouse

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Hey Guys

As the title of the thread says, I was wondering what is the highest points Straight Pool match you have played, either in a match up or tournament?

So far the longest race I've played in was a 200 point game with a buddy and practice partner a number of years ago, but now that I've started competing again at 9ball, I'd like to go back to playing alot more straight pool again and would like to play a few long matches like a 500 - 1000 point games, purely for the benifit of strengthening my all round abilities again :)

And so with this in mind, I was wondering what's the highest number of points you good people have played to? :)

Thank you in advance and I lookforward to reading your replies :)

Willie

Willie, the longest I have ever played was a race to 500, it took 3 1/2 hours with the highest run being 75 points.

Last edited: