Semi-pro female player

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to see if anyone can tell me who I met.

Earlier this spring my girlfriend and I visited her brother in California when we were at a party in Hermosa Beach. There were a group of girls that I spoke to, and one said they played pool professionally.

For the life of me I can't remember her name. Unfortunately once she said she played pool as her job, my girlfriend whipped me out of there so fast I never got to find out more about her. She said something about being a singer/vocalist earlier in her life, but gave that up.

I know this isn't much info, but does this person ring a bell? I thought maybe it could have been Emily Duddy (looks wise), but I can't say for sure.

Just wondering ---

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Earlier this spring my girlfriend and I visited her brother in California when we were at a party in Hermosa Beach. There were a group of girls that I spoke to, and one said they played pool professionally.

For the life of me I can't remember her name. Unfortunately once she said she played pool as her job, my girlfriend whipped me out of there so fast I never got to find out more about her. She said something about being a singer/vocalist earlier in her life, but gave that up.

I know this isn't much info, but does this person ring a bell? I thought maybe it could have been Emily Duddy (looks wise), but I can't say for sure.

Just wondering ---

Can't help you with that, but I like the photo of Fats standing at the end of his driveway in Dowell, Illinois. There were three Caddy's parked in that driveway. I know because i was there once. :smile:

When we fed the dogs, they came running from every direction across those open fields. TRUE story!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just wondering ---

I doubt it was Duddy. For one, I would say Emily does not look older than 30 and I don't think she has an interest in singing but I don't know her that well. She's from Cali but she's living on the east coast now. The truth is, very few people make a living at pool, even a 'semi' living but a lot of people claim to!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just wondering ---
Maybe ANGEL PAGLIA,i think she mite live and arizona though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While this forum has amazing powers, you are never gonna get this one answered.

Anyone who claims to be 'semi-pro' isn't anyone of note in the pool world, IMO. Anyone in the know would know there is no such thing as semi-pro. They are all 'pros'.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
We know she's female, so that narrows it down to 50 percent of the population. How about hair color and race? Any accent (Southern, New Yawky/Brooklyn, European, etc).

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Actual lady pro's living in CA, or used to live in CA for a while:

Tina Pawloski (retired)
Melissa Herndon (active WPBA)
Melissa Morris (active WPBA)
Robin Bell Dodson (retired)
Stacy Novak (semi-pro)
Jenny Lee (off-n-on)
Jan McWorter (retired)
Ming Ng (off-n-on on the east coast somewhere)
Aileen Pippen (retired)
Jennifer Chen (living in Taiwan now)
Stephanie Boch (off-n-on)
Mary Rakin (not sure)
Michelle Rakin (retired)
Mary Avina (self professed pro)
Melinda Huang (not sure)

I am sure there are more, but I spaced out... Please others add to the list.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Semi Pro

A Semi Pro in the women's ranks doesn't mean much. She could just be what you and I would call an average player. Men's tournaments with 64 and 128 players, have women's events that have to beg to get close to 16 players. If she didn't win $3,000 or better last year, I would hardly call her Semi Pro.

williamcueblins

Registered
Is Stacy Novak

Actual lady pro's living in CA, or used to live in CA for a while:

Tina Pawloski (retired)
Melissa Herndon (active WPBA)
Melissa Morris (active WPBA)
Robin Bell Dodson (retired)
Stacy Novak (semi-pro)
Jenny Lee (off-n-on)
Jan McWorter (retired)
Ming Ng (off-n-on on the east coast somewhere)
Aileen Pippen (retired)
Jennifer Chen (living in Taiwan now)
Stephanie Boch (off-n-on)
Mary Rakin (not sure)
Michelle Rakin (retired)
Mary Avina (self professed pro)
Melinda Huang (not sure)

I am sure there are more, but I spaced out... Please others add to the list.

Stacy Novak is likely if she sings.
5808626712_6f1acfc76d_z.jpg

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
The Callado girls are also top female CA players...Asian or not would narrow this question down a bit.