Partner's Straight Pool Chicago this Saturday

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Red Shoes Billiards
December 22, 2012
Straight Pool Partners
Handicapped based on Red Shoes handicaps, Illinois Billiard Club handicaps and past performance by others as decided by the tournament director.
Single Elimination
Sign-Up Time - NOON
$25 ENTRY Fee - Includes Green Fees
12009 S. Pulaski Road
Alsip, IL 60803
708 388-3700

redshoesbilliards.com

After everyone is signed up, there will be a draw for partners. The team handicap will then be the average of the two team members handicap. Alternate innings.

Partner with 100 ball runners like Jeff Mohl, Ed Latimer, Bob Cozzolino. Learn the game from 70 ball runners like Rick Michalec and Ron Shepard. Perhaps Ike Runnels, Bobby Hunter, Tom Karabotsos. A new twist to an old game allows players to learn patterns, safes, and other strategies from seasoned partners.

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another great experience at Red Shoes! My partner, Jim W. and I won our first match against owner John Lavin and Jerry ? And then lost a nail-biter of a match to Joe and Jim M. We got an early lead on them but at the end Jim M. ran almost two racks that were very difficult to win it with a 27 and out. Way to go Jim M.

Joe and Jim M. went on to win their next match and then split 1/2 place with Ed Latimer/Kevin ?, who eliminated Bobby Hunter and Debbie ? in a close match.

There were 11 teams in a single elimination bracket and the top 4 teams were paid.

Once again it was good to see John Lavin, Ed Latimer and Bob Coz. I recognized a few players like Joe and Ryan H. from watching Dennis' videos and Ryan and I ended up playing a friendly race to 100.

Several that I hoped to see and possibly play didn't make it like Tom K., Jeff M., Ron S. and of course Dennis W.

Thanks again John and Rich Klein for running a great tournament.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Another great experience at Red Shoes! My partner, Jim W. and I won our first match against owner John Lavin and Jerry ? And then lost a nail-biter of a match to Joe and Jim M. We got an early lead on them but at the end Jim M. ran almost two racks that were very difficult to win it with a 27 and out. Way to go Jim M.

Joe and Jim M. went on to win their next match and then split 1/2 place with Ed Latimer/Kevin ?, who eliminated Bobby Hunter and Debbie ? in a close match.

There were 11 teams in a single elimination bracket and the top 4 teams were paid.

Once again it was good to see John Lavin, Ed Latimer and Bob Coz. I recognized a few players like Joe and Ryan H. from watching Dennis' videos and Ryan and I ended up playing a friendly race to 100.

Several that I hoped to see and possibly play didn't make it like Tom K., Jeff M., Ron S. and of course Dennis W.

Thanks again John and Rich Klein for running a great tournament.

Jim:

You didn't even mention Bobby Hunter's 102 ball run! Not too shabby. He got to partner up with his girl friend, Debbie Rosenman.

Kevin Deane was Ed's partner.

I can't place Jim W. yet. He doesn't play at Red Shoes, I think. Joe Klein and Jim Miglioratti were playing well.

Hopefully, you can free yourself on Thursday and we can have a get together over at the Illinois Billiard Club. Let me know as soon as you can so I can assemble the usual suspects.

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim:

You didn't even mention Bobby Hunter's 102 ball run! Not too shabby. He got to partner up with his girl friend, Debbie Rosenman.

Kevin Deane was Ed's partner.

I can't place Jim W. yet. He doesn't play at Red Shoes, I think. Joe Klein and Jim Miglioratti were playing well.

Hopefully, you can free yourself on Thursday and we can have a get together over at the Illinois Billiard Club. Let me know as soon as you can so I can assemble the usual suspects.

You're right. I did forget to mention Bobby Hunter's 102 ball run. When it was announced, the entire pool hall clapped to acknowledge the great run he had. It was during the first round of matches so I didn't get to see it since I was playing. Way to go Bobby.

Dennis, Thursday is good for me. So let's try to get together at IBC.

Last edited: