Shane's 3 10K sets?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I believe it was Randy Labonte on the Turning Stone stream who said that Shane recently played three 10K sets abroad over three days.

Does anyone know the story behind this?

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it was Randy Labonte on the Turning Stone stream who said that Shane recently played three 10K sets abroad over three days.

Does anyone know the story behind this?

There are predictably only a few that will match up evenly with Shane for 10k outside the US

They are Alex, Chang Jung Lin or dennis orcollo .

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
There are predictably only a few that will match up evenly with Shane for 10k outside the US

They are Alex, Chang Jung Lin or dennis orcollo .

Maybe it was Chang Jung Lin then, since I believe he said it was in China (meaning, presumably, The Republic of China, or Taiwan).

He didn't say who it was against though.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point is, who really cares? Now that he lost a few "big money" matches, outside the USA, the haters can jump in here and start badmouthing him about how he can't win outside the US...like some people seem to get a kick out of talking shit about some pro players.

Shane is a smart guy...Shane is a good guy. He's not only our best player, but he's a good role model for younger, aspiring poolplayers! I'm sure he learned some things playing those sets...no matter who it was with. It doesn't matter. IF he wants people to know, then he'll tell somebody, and it will migrate here on the interwebs. Otherwise, imo, it's NOYB. Shane Van Boening is no less a Champion in my eyes, win or lose. He'll be around for a long time...unless he gets tired of being in the public eye.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Maybe Big Ko too...

Somebody has to know more on the story.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point is, who really cares? Now that he lost a few "big money" matches, outside the USA, the haters can jump in here and start badmouthing him about how he can't win outside the US...like some people seem to get a kick out of talking shit about some pro players.

Shane is a smart guy...Shane is a good guy. He's not only our best player, but he's a good role model for younger, aspiring poolplayers! I'm sure he learned some things playing those sets...no matter who it was with. It doesn't matter. IF he wants people to know, then he'll tell somebody, and it will migrate here on the interwebs. Otherwise, imo, it's NOYB. Shane Van Boening is no less a Champion in my eyes, win or lose. He'll be around for a long time...unless he gets tired of being in the public eye.

Scott Lee

Actually it does matter if it's true, Scott.

Because it proves there are strong money players overseas that are fully capable of beatign SVB. It's not about the haters, because no matter what he does, they'll always hate. It's about the huggers, who are just as bad, that think he's the greatest player on the planet.

One of the greatest...no doubt. But not the absolute greatest.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

This was a pretty good thread with noone bad mouthing SVB, then you came and shit all over it with that post. WTG Scott...

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
This was a pretty good thread with noone bad mouthing SVB, then you came and shit all over it with that post. WTG Scott...

This is one of those extremely funny posts! Short, to the point, and no additives! PURE!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Come on Scott everyone cares the huggers and the haters it's big news if true yet to hear that though

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he got beat 3 sets, then it shows he is still interested in throwing down and testing itself.

Can't say I like to hear he lost, but glad he still shows some fight.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw said he had a 100K match set up with JL Chang in houston, but Chang and Kevin Cheng cancelled their trip to the U.S due to Cheng having a family emergency.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Big Ko too...

Somebody has to know more on the story.

Slim chance its big or lil ko.
They are not allowed to play money games by their father, unless it 100% backed and a small amount.
Besides, big ko is known to play pretty bad in money games, they are brought up under their father to handle pressure in competition not money games.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

I doubt this thread is about bashing shane.
I think Op's motive was to find out which monster beat Shane , a monster himself as less than 10% of the current field of professional pool players are capable of beating Shane in 10k big sets.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
monsters

until further corroboration comes forth i'm viewing this as another potential script in the GODZILLA vs MOTHRA saga

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
If he got beat 3 sets, then it shows he is still interested in throwing down and testing itself.

Can't say I like to hear he lost, but glad he still shows some fight.

I agree. Kudos to Shane for being willing to play on foreign soil--and someone else's home turf--against the very best in the world.

I would buy a PPV match like this in a heartbeat, as I'm sure a great many fans of pool would.

I hope whoever it was gives Shane a rematch on his home turf.