Cyborg Glove Review

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyborg Glove Review

Hey Guys... I have been wanting to try ON's Cyborg Glove you a few months. Sadly no one here carries it yet.
I was finally able to get my hands on one and played with it. I have kind of small hands. But went with a Cyborg Medium Size.
They do make Small, Medium and Large.

After playing for about a hour comparing it to the other gloves I have wore. It felt must more relaxed.
You can never forget you have a Molinari on. But these are really light weight. Much more breathable than my other gloves.
It does hinder wearing a watch because the Velcro strap is larger.

I have to give them props though. Not sure how it will hold up over the next few months. But we will see.

1 to 5 scale

1.) Aesthetics - 5

2.) Function - 4

3.) Comfort - 5

4.) Durability - 3 (Not completely sure yet) it does have small rubber patches for added bridge grip which may not hold up

5.) Price - 3 (Pretty pricey but in the same range as Molinari)

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I see you posted your initial review about a year ago; how did the Cyborg glove hold up, durability-wise? I've been using the Tiger, which has the same configuration; closed thumb and index finger with open middle finger but it looks like they might not be making any more of those.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe someone could post a photo of a new glove and one that has been played for awhile to show
pics of the wear & tear of taking it off and back, elasticity change & the palm area, i.e., table abrasion.
This is something you don’t learn about or consider until you’ve already purchased & used the glove.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I see you posted your initial review about a year ago; how did the Cyborg glove hold up, durability-wise? I've been using the Tiger, which has the same configuration; closed thumb and index finger with open middle finger but it looks like they might not be making any more of those.

Believe it or not..., i’m Still using it. There are a few places the rubber has pealed off. But I do wash it every other weekend and it’s held up very well.

Wash it in warm water with your towels. Then I run through the dryer. I am. It rough on stuff. So my results might not be typical. I have to give them props for a great product. I do hear they are lunching a new glove soon. Can’t wait to try it out.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait a bit to see what the new one is like. I'm not wild about Velcro if it is wide. Since it is hard to find gloves with the closed index/thumb and open middle finger I picked up a Felice glove at a tournament last week. The gal selling them said that since Lycra does not unravel I could just cut off the end and so far she seems to be correct. It also made it fit better since I have piano fingers and the 'one size fits most' are usually not long enough.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait a bit to see what the new one is like. I'm not wild about Velcro if it is wide. Since it is hard to find gloves with the closed index/thumb and open middle finger I picked up a Felice glove at a tournament last week. The gal selling them said that since Lycra does not unravel I could just cut off the end and so far she seems to be correct. It also made it fit better since I have piano fingers and the 'one size fits most' are usually not long enough.

I like the velcro on this one due to the fact it didn't mess up me wearing a watch. A lot of gloved the way the wrap doesn't exactly work well with my Apple Watch. This one fits over perfect and doesn't roll up like the others. I hated the way Kamui's fit with my watch on. Molinari wasn't bad. But did't hold up as well as this Cyborg.