Action Match Bustamante vs Bergman who do you guys like ?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who do you guys like in this one?

Busty might be older but he's still got it, & his results over the last few years prove it.

Iceberg one of the top American players and in gambling matches he is a killer.

The Philippines vs USA. Should be a great match to sweat imo

Friday - Saturday - Sunday (If Needed) February 21-23rd

Live From Racks on The Rocks in West Peoria, Illinois

Hall of Famer Django Francisco Bustamante vs Mosconi Cup Team USA's The Iceberg Justin Bergman.

8 Ball-One Pocket-10 Ball - All Around Match

It's The Best Two Out Of Three Sets.

8 Ball on Friday Night, One Pocket on Saturday & The Tie Breaker match will be 10 Ball if needed on Sunday.

All Matches Played on 9ft Diamond Table.

86341327_3253484691348266_6898894891120590848_o.jpg

Here is the table they are playing on guys

Nice Diamond 9ft

85139603_511432283106360_6085794098076188672_n.jpg

Last edited:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Bustamante in 1 pocket, Bergman in 10 ball and the 8 ball to me is the toss up. Will there be a timer? After the last one with Bergman’s slow play, a lot of people said never again.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman has the iron will right now. Right off the top of my head I like Bergman. Should be a good show regardless of outcome.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Bustamante in 1 pocket, Bergman in 10 ball and the 8 ball to me is the toss up. Will there be a timer? After the last one with Bergman’s slow play, a lot of people said never again.
I personally have never once seen a gambling match played using a shot clock have you ?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bustie has seen it all, knows it all, i don't think any slow play shenanigans will affect him much. it will only affect viewership

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
bustie has seen it all, knows it all, i don't think any slow play shenanigans will affect him much. it will only affect viewership

Yeah and that would be unfortunate. This is an awesome matchup, I will try to watch but that match the other day sounded like it was just too brutal. I like JB style, I don’t know if he slows up as part of a plan or if it’s just natural but I don’t remember it being so dramatic in older matches. Gold tinted memories maybe?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally have never once seen a gambling match played using a shot clock have you ?
If i was there in person i'd watch 'cause i could walk if/when it got slowwww. Seen JB play enough to know its gonna be pokey at best.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to two sleep clinics and they were paid for by my medical plan.

If my medical plan will pay for this stream, I may actually get to snooze.

Bustamante for the win...if he wakes up from the constant snoozes he'll be taking while Bergman stalls and takes forever.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If I buy the stream I would want to see their best games regardless of pace. This is a gambling match, not a tournament that has to be finished up in 1 day

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Teddy G once told me, if we're playing a tournament hurry up, if you want to play for 5k take as long as you want.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
9-ball

When players match up, they make their own rules, period.
In college I remember Lassiter saying I can only play 16 hrs then I need my sleep.
I remember Richie Florence getting woofed at by Medina in Denver on his home court.

His response, you gotta bet, but you have to call the next pocket for your next ball to go into. Medina wanted no part of that. Too wild, tho Medina played like Shaw when he was in dead punch, with not as good cue ball control.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When players match up, they make their own rules, period.
In college I remember Lassiter saying I can only play 16 hrs then I need my sleep.
I remember Richie Florence getting woofed at by Medina in Denver on his home court.

His response, you gotta bet, but you have to call the next pocket for your next ball to go into. Medina wanted no part of that. Too wild, tho Medina played like Shaw when he was in dead punch, with not as good cue ball control.

I LOVE playing this way, but can never find anybody to agree to it.

If you call a pocket for your next ball, you have to shoot at that pocket or call a safe.

That takes the BS out of the game when it comes to playing position.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts tomorrow 6pm Central

Django Francisco Bustamante vs The Iceberg Justin Bergman.

8 Ball-One Pocket-10 Ball - All Around Match

It's The Best Two Out Of Three Sets.

Friday Night Is 8 Ball Race to 25

Expert Commentary from Billiards Digest's Larry Schwartz and special guests Mark Wilson & Nick Varner.

86969546_10216601335292368_474632356230070272_o.jpg

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

When Shane played Efren the TAR all-around they used a shot clock for the One Pocket match. I can't remember if they used on for the other two sets.

-don