Olhausen - replace cushions to help with rattle?

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm likely moving and getting new cloth for an Olhausen table. I'm curious it going with a different cushion (artimis?) would reduce pocket rattle.

Is it worth it? I'm still kicking around getting a Connelly new, but if the Olhausen comes with me it will be in place for 10+ years.

I'd also appreciate knowing what exactly I should order, and if there would be anything additional an installer would need to do (thus increasing my install price).

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
**Not a mechanic**

Sounds more like an issue with the way the rails are bolted to the table as opposed to bad cushions.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
How to stop RATTLE ON ANY TABLE: Aim for center pocket!!! LOL.

It is a known design flaw. Sell the table and skip the Connelly. If you want a table that will play awesome go with a Gold Crown or a Diamond. I call it getting what you REALLY want: A commercial table that plays awesome. Yes it is some money to buy either new or it is less money and a good mechanic for either used. TAKE THE LEAP< MAKE THE COMMITMENT! :)

My $0.02 :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. So would an experienced setup guy be able to install new facings?

GC and Diamond aren't options, unfortunately. I love the diamond, but a single piece slate isn't able to turn the corner at the bottom of my stairs. Connelly seemed like a pretty compromise, but I'm open to other suggestions.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. So would an experienced setup guy be able to install new facings?

GC and Diamond aren't options, unfortunately. I love the diamond, but a single piece slate isn't able to turn the corner at the bottom of my stairs. Connelly seemed like a pretty compromise, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Diamond also has a 3 piece slate available for every table they sell, so that means ANY Diamond can be installed anywhere any other table can be installed as well!!

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No kidding.... that changes everything!

Is the msrp what I could really expect to pay, or are there better prices available?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No kidding.... that changes everything!

Is the msrp what I could really expect to pay, or are there better prices available?

Factory Direct pricing is: 7' $4900.00 9' $5900.00 plus delivery and install. That also comes with a 10-12 week wait.

Call me if you want to talk details!
22135627_10214457014122097_1605565038825828325_o.jpg