Old
  (#16)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
Thank You, Mr. Howerton.
What's the next level of banning after lifetime ban?

Old
  (#17)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

06-11-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Since this forum is supposedly from where my 'vacation' originated, I just want to say HERE that I very much appreciate Mike Howerton allowing me back after about a 2 1/2 year absence.

Thanks Much, Mike.

As for the main subject matter of this sub forum, not much at all has changed in all of my 2 1/2 year absence. Nothing has been offered of any substance to support certain affirmations made about that main subject matter.

As always, science contradicts those certain affirmations.

It is rather sad that some simply can not face those scientific realities... for whatever reason(s).

I and others think that AZB should be a place where those who play the cue sports can come & get Truthful Information... or at least information that is not" known" to be scientifically false.

While I was gone, Poolology came out. If used in its basic raw form without rounding any of the numbers it seems to be the closest thing that could be to an "objective" system for aiming pool shots. However, since numbers are rounded for ease of use it TOO goes into the realm of subjective appraisals & applications. The thing is that when one knows in what direction the rounding was done, one can then shade to the opposite direction to perhaps offset such.

Anyway, I am glad to be back. I hope that as adults, civil & reasonable discussions can be had as that, I think, is the intent of discussion forums.

That being the case, I think that censorship of ANY kind is NOT a good idea. I know of no time when censorship or restriction of civil speech as resulted in anything that was truly good.

Best Wishes to ALL with Sincerity.

PS Mike, If I get too close to the deep end, please just call me back before I drown myself. I simply have an affinity for The Truth & do not like to see anyone being deceived by ANY means, whether by accident or intentionally.

PPS Mike, Perhaps you should get involved in the discussions. I think it would be a good thing & might be informative in both or many directions.
WELCOME BACK, we're a better group with than without you

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#18)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Give it up, already.

Jesus!

If you don't like or use or believe CTE, then GTFO of the threads and STFU.

None of you are Charles Bronson in Death Wish, where you need to avenge something or protect somebody.

If people want to talk about CTE or believe in it, then quit worrying about it and stay the hell out of the threads.

I'm neither pro- or anti-CTE, but it seems that some people think it works for them. What is that hurting YOU?

You ain't the POLICE.

Leave the people ALONE.

I wish they'd ban about 3/4 of the non-CTE posters. The same damn bunch wreak havoc on the boards and have done so for years.
You seem to be unaware & seem to NOT understand the issue That is part of the problem here. I just had a considerable private conversation with a member who was of the same sentiment as you. He now understands what the issue is & he now seems to be in more agreement with me & others then he was before. He at least admits that "they" simply will not admit the truth.

I and others have suggested either a sub forum or thread where that of which you speak for them can be done, but without the false 'advertising' that is misleading. "They" can not do that. When that small group is involved the false statements come out.

Like PJ said so well, AZB should be a place where people playing the game can come for Truthful Information or at least information that is not known to be scientifically incorrect.

There are many, many, thousands who read AZB, they should not be mislead by scientifically false statements.

If someone continually said, "That guy that goes by Hawaiian Eye is a thief & a rapist & we need to lock him up in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.", would you be okay with that?

You'll probably come back with some wise guy answer, but I think the General Readership gets the idea.

Just think if this False Information thing spread to where AZB was more of it than Truthful Helpful Information. AZB would lose ALL credibility & would become the laughing stock of The Pool World.

There are those who use AZB as a personal playground but it is much more than that... or at least it should be.

I hope this has been as enlightening for you as the specifics were for that other member who PMd me.

Best Wishes.

A Scene from The Hustler... https://youtu.be/mUxLZWWRKUI

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 06-12-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Old
  (#19)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner View Post
Thank You ""Very Much. You are a 'brave' one. I hope the vitriol of that few does not come at you in retaliation. You have reminded me that I need to thank those who took up for me & have supported me in the past & I here by do so. I'll have to think about a post in the main section so it reaches more of those people. I know that I have much more support compared to that relatively small very vocal group. Most people value the truth.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 06-12-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Old
  (#20)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner View Post
I just noticed your sig line... "the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off".

thumbup2:

Old
  (#21)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Give it up, already.

Jesus!

If you don't like or use or believe CTE, then GTFO of the threads and STFU.

None of you are Charles Bronson in Death Wish, where you need to avenge something or protect somebody.

If people want to talk about CTE or believe in it, then quit worrying about it and stay the hell out of the threads.

I'm neither pro- or anti-CTE, but it seems that some people think it works for them. What is that hurting YOU?

You ain't the POLICE.

Leave the people ALONE.

I wish they'd ban about 3/4 of the non-CTE posters. The same damn bunch wreak havoc on the boards and have done so for years.
So, you have no issue with CTE users posting bullshit....oh say like..........pool players are using CTE and donít know it.....or CTE only works on a 2x1 table and then offering no proof of such a statement.

You would rather have lies, misinformation posted about how to play pool.

Got it.

Old
  (#22)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

06-12-2019, 05:24 AM

Public statement: CTE is the real deal. Iíve used it to pocket balls going on 9 years now. I have no reason to lie about it. I donít get money or incentive to lie. The truth series aka truth serum is coming. It will be glorious to watch the nay sayers trigger, then eventually discover what theyíve never understood.

*trigger in 3,2,1*

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.

Old
  (#23)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
So, you have no issue with CTE users posting bullshit....oh say like..........pool players are using CTE and don’t know it.....or CTE only works on a 2x1 table and then offering no proof of such a statement.

You would rather have lies, misinformation posted about how to play pool.

Got it.
Easy Greg.

I just laid it out for him. We are better with YOU TOO than we are without you.

Best,
RJ

PS I know it is difficult. We & others are in the same boat.

PPS You forgot the supposed unknown & unexplainable "phenomena".

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 06-12-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Old
  (#24)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrt View Post
Public statement: CTE is the real deal. I’ve used it to pocket balls going on 9 years now. I have no reason to lie about it. I don’t get money or incentive to lie. The truth series aka truth serum is coming. It will be glorious to watch the nay sayers trigger, then eventually discover what they’ve never understood.

*trigger in 3,2,1*
Monty,

Did you not tell me in private that you do not use "the CTE line"?

Please do not answer that rhetorical question because I know that you did.

If Mr. Shuffett can say that Pros are using IT whether they know it or not, then it can certainly be said that such as you are NOT employing it objectively per the Instructions & that there is subconscious whatever going on & in play.

It is not me nor PJ nor Dan White nor Lou nor BC21 nor anyone else saying that it is not what it is said to be. It is Science that is saying that.

You as an industry individual locked yourself in when you so quickly praised it, seemingly before giving what was any actually real thought as to what was being said.

I can make a ball using IT... when the shot FITS the visual & the defined 1/2 tip offset pivot... but what about ALL of the shots that do not "objectively" fit those very few 'solutions'?

How are those other shots made... objectively?

Again, that is a rhetorical question. I do not want to get into the whole debate where only one side is using rational reasonable cognitive thinking vs emotional gratitude for 'success'.

You have been probably one of the best proponents of CTE because you have been civil. You asked me to try the straight in shot & I did. It only proved to me, which I already knew, that the visual offset & the "defined" 1/2 tip offset pivot back to center CB do NOT equate to one another & do not offset one another. However, if they did, then how would the shots between 0 & 15 degrees be made... "objectively" by the same "objective" process?

Please "think"?

Best Wishes.

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 06-12-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Old
  (#25)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 04:46 PM

A big welcome back, English.
I for one look forward to the knowledge drops you post. We all have disagreements, and it is within those disagreements that our thoughts are pushed and stretched to the limits--resulting in a deeper understanding of the game, no matter what side of the issue we fall on.

In other news, Corey Deuel had been putting out short training videos and in this one he pokes a big hole in CTE, then goes on to advocate for his ghost ball-like aiming technique....

https://youtu.be/ewqybrOteN0

And here is a second clip on aiming....

https://youtu.be/xm6K-ACb_hM

Last edited by Cardigan Kid; 06-12-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Old
  (#26)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I for one look forward to the knowledge drops you post. We all have disagreements, and it is within those disagreements that our thoughts are pushed and stretched to the limits--resulting in a deeper understanding of the game, no matter what side of the issue we fall on.

In other news, Corey Deuel had been putting out short training videos and in this one he pokes a big hole in CTE, then goes on to advocate for his ghost ball-like aiming technique....

Iím always interested in anything Corey has to say. However, what he described was nothing close to CTE when he was pivoting. Itís clear he hasnít familiarized himself with it.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#27)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 07:53 PM

What is it about CTE, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.

Old
  (#28)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Cory is one of my favorite players. You have to understand who his target audience is for these videos.

BTW he didn't do fractional aiming any favors in his second video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#29)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
Cory is one of my favorite players. You have to understand who his target audience is for these videos.

BTW he didn't do fractional aiming any favors in his second video.
Have you heard any reviews on his training DVD? I understand what you are saying about target audience. I'd take a gamble on his DVD and fork over the cash but I'd be greatly disappointed if it was APA beginner material.

Old
  (#30)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

06-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Monty,

Did you not tell me in private that you do not use "the CTE line"?

Please do not answer that rhetorical question because I know that you did.

If Mr. Shuffett can say that Pros are using IT whether they know it or not, then it can certainly be said that such as you are NOT employing it objectively per the Instructions & that there is subconscious whatever going on & in play.

It is not me nor PJ nor Dan White nor Lou nor BC21 nor anyone else saying that it is not what it is said to be. It is Science that is saying that.

You as an industry individual locked yourself in when you so quickly praised it, seemingly before giving what was any actually real thought as to what was being said.

I can make a ball using IT... when the shot FITS the visual & the defined 1/2 tip offset pivot... but what about ALL of the shots that do not "objectively" fit those very few 'solutions'?

How are those other shots made... objectively?

Again, that is a rhetorical question. I do not want to get into the whole debate where only one side is using rational reasonable cognitive thinking vs emotional gratitude for 'success'.

You have been probably one of the best proponents of CTE because you have been civil. You asked me to try the straight in shot & I did. It only proved to me, which I already knew, that the visual offset & the "defined" 1/2 tip offset pivot back to center CB do NOT equate to one another & do not offset one another. However, if they did, then how would the shots between 0 & 15 degrees be made... "objectively" by the same "objective" process?

Please "think"?

Best Wishes.

I donít recall details of conversations from two years ago. But one thing is certain, you donít seem to (or want to) grasp that CTE works when applied to visual perspectives (ie. our eyeballs standing at a table behind the CB), and not protractors and angles on a sheet of paper. Of course it works for all shots, otherwise I would have dismissed it years ago. It is quite easily demonstrated at a table. However, it is impossible to explain to someone through an online forum with a predisposition that it canít work.

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.

Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: