The Iceberg Justin Bergman vs Eagle Eye Jayson Shaw Big Money Action

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Justin won a race to 80 by a score of 80-59 some years ago, why would Jason be a favorite now? Have the years changed both players? Has Jason improved to where he is such a favorite over Justin? Just askin'...

Why would anything have to change? Could it not be that Jayson was legitimately the favorite then? And perhaps nothing of substance has changed?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Justin won a race to 80 by a score of 80-59 some years ago, why would Jason be a favorite now? Have the years changed both players? Has Jason improved to where he is such a favorite over Justin? Just askin'...
They played three years ago and that was a long single race and the score got out of hand by the end of the match Jayson was so far down he didn't play his best for sure.

This is a much better format for the sweaters and side bettors new race each day.

Jayson has been very successful winning a lot of big tournaments in the last three years since they played that last match.

But this is not a tournament it's a high stakes gambling match and that seems to be where Justin is at his best.

He has been gambling in big pool matches since he was about 12 lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They played three years ago and that was a long single race and the score got out of hand by the end of the match Jayson was so far down he didn't play his best for sure.

This is a much better format for the sweaters and side bettors new race each day.

Jayson has been very successful winning a lot of big tournaments in the last three years since they played that last match.

But this is not a tournament it's a high stakes gambling match and that seems to be where Justin is at his best.

He has been gambling in big pool matches since he was about 12 lol
Justin has been out'n'about for many years, hasn't he?

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jayson today could give the Jayson of three years ago the 8 playin 10ball

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fire & ice!! nice matchup..I admire both players, jayson for his power and shotmaking, justin for his patience and professionalism.

was their other money match on 9ft.? obviously 9ft. is standard gear, but seems to help jayson vs. barbox. thoughts?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fire & ice!! nice matchup..I admire both players, jayson for his power and shotmaking, justin for his patience and professionalism.

was their other money match on 9ft.? obviously 9ft. is standard gear, but seems to help jayson vs. barbox. thoughts?
Yes the last match they played was a 9ft Diamond.

They played at Teacher's Billiards in St. Louis and in that room some of the tables are named after the top players with name signs on top of the tables instead of numbers.

And the table's name that they played on was named the Justin Bergman Table :yikes:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Rapid Firepower run outs of Eagle Eye vs the Calm Cool Calculating Precision play of The Iceberg.

A New Design (13) 11 smaller.jpg

Last edited:

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
This is going to be a great match, I can't wait! It would be entertaining to have the players mic'ed. Any plans to have someone in the booth on this one?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This a gambling match no shot clock for this one.

I don't think i can remember ever seeing an action match played using a shot clock ?
The lack of a shot clock and the huge difference in the two player's pace of player will certainly frustrate Shaw - particularly if Bergman is able to maintain a lead. Hard to bet against Shaw with his firepower, but maintaining his temperament in a long session versus a slow player will likely determine who wins this.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is going to be a great match, I can't wait! It would be entertaining to have the players mic'ed. Any plans to have someone in the booth on this one?
Double J Jeremy Jones will be on lead commentary plus other special guest. :thumbup:

Trying to get Shannon Daulton to be guest commentator some with JJ :eek:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lack of a shot clock and the huge difference in the two player's pace of player will certainly frustrate Shaw - particularly if Bergman is able to maintain a lead. Hard to bet against Shaw with his firepower, but maintaining his temperament in a long session versus a slow player will likely determine who wins this.
The word is Justin has a super high power High Roller stake horse backing him for this match.

Justin posted he's willing to bet up to 100k :shocked2:

And they have the rail open taking side action

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

87% of people understand 26% of what shaw says.

Once he learns to speak subtitles, we'll mic him.

I am embarrassed to say.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the prior long race Shaw checked out early.

I expect he is going to,make this look easy. I know where I will be betting.