2013 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Gerry:

Nice run. You got yourself out of several tough predicaments with very well executed but admittedly wild breakshots. A little better cue ball control would've gotten you better position in many, many cases. (I'm not being downwardly critical, by the way -- you shot well -- it's just that the predicaments you found yourself in were due to e.g. overdrawing the ball, going into the pile too hard, etc.)

By the way, what happened at the 20:00 minute mark in the video? The video jumps and the shot at the 3-ball in the corner is completely skipped over; all we see is the cue ball coming to rest in the middle of the table, for your shot on the 1-ball in the other corner.

(See here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vzWRKrXgKuo#t=20m00s)

Otherwise, a good run for someone that normally plays short-rack rotation!

-Sean <-- loves the scene at the end when the dog comes in with some kind of black cloth hanging from his mouth, as if to offer you a towel ;)

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Sean,

My camera for whatever reason records in 20 minute intervals - so it loses a few seconds while it closes the first file and opens the second. I normally pay attention to the timer so I can avoid the gaps.

Every video I have posted has this same 'gap' at 20 minutes intervals.

I agree on your assessment - I am working on becoming a better 14.1 player - it is a different beast for sure.

Have a great holiday season!

Gerry

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Happy Holidays everyone!
Just stumbled on this thread and sounds like a lot of fun. I'm still a newbie at straight pool, but I'll be posting up my own meager runs in the new year, and hopefully reach my current goal of breaking 50!
Good luck to all in the new year!

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Great run on an incredibly tough table. I managed a 38 on my 5" pocket GC III this AM in my pajamas with my 6 yr old and two yr old daughters constantly stopping me with "Daddy watch this!" while they were playing with their new Xmas toys. Dr Dave has no quantifiable measurement for this kind of distraction!

Seriously though, I am running 20's and 30's everyday, sometimes back to back, occasionally into the 40's and 50+ only four times ever. I am determined to improve my general run lengths and I know will in time. But anyway, Your 100+ on that table is way impressive! Great shooting. Have you run over 200?

Last edited:

furryboffin

Registered
Hi Jason, I have run over 200 in practise a few times in the club on a Dynamic II table. My highest in a match is 176, I've not run over 200 on my practise table at home yet though, pockets are super tight and you always end up with some tricky shot that just jaws, I've run 150+ on this table a few times, but only had it set up with these pockets now for nearly a year. I'm planning to run over 200 this year and get it on video if all goes to plan, but if it were easy I'd probably have done it last year. If I do run over 200 I plan to dub over with commentary and produce a nice DVD of it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy New Year die hard 14-1ers. 2014 starts with a bang. I had a quick pop at a high run on my practise table (pockets are super tight). Here's a vid of my first 100+ ball run of 2014. I'll try to get a few more runs up this year, I was a bit slack last year. The run starts at 3:25 after a few warmup slaps.

https://plus.google.com/101257094020336370861/posts/Yi5SaFcVeFW

Nice run. I notice that you hand rack almost instantly. Is the table tapped so the balls end up tight?

furryboffin

Registered
hi Bob, The table is lightly tapped, the racks are not totally perfectly tight, but not bad and it does allow me to rack quickly.