Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
bf51ba0a55730f0eef80f0f66bb8c7df.jpg
849b7396ca9e5c16e48e7a70d555ccf7.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action has been extremely heavy this year. Mostly one pocket matches thus far.

The biggest match I have seen here was last night. Poker players for $43,000 per game.

Richie Rich versus Lil D for $1k per game.

Lil D versus Shane Winters for $1500 per.

Blaine B.

Clueless
Silver Member
Just came back up to show that Karl made the last two balls with the finishing score. Well done to both players.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The action room is being streamed by http://www.poolactiontv.com
...pretty good quality and commentary so far. I enjoyed the Oscar vs. Boyes set.

Oscar kept it close, but seemed to fold up at the end...
two close sets (17-16, 17-14) followed by a semi-blowout (17-7).

If you trust the Fargo rating system (and so far I do) then he was a definite underdog. I respect that he gave it a shot.
The difference in their ratings isn't that huge - Karl = 783, Oscar = 768.
But the format guaranteed enough games to make that small edge build up over time.

The odds of Karl winning a single race to 17 with that kind of gap is already ~62%.
Make it best 3 out of 5, and he's at 71% to win the whole thing.

If they had changed it to a single long race, adding up all five races to 17 into a single giant race to 85....
then it would just make things worse for the underdog, that puts Karl at 75% to win the set.

Another way of looking at is that the predicted score, when Karl won his 51st game (that's 17 * 3) is that
Oscar should have won ~46 racks. But his rough performance in the final set left him with 37 wins at that point.
If he'd followed the same trend he had in the first 2 sets, he'd be right around 46.

I would have liked to see Oscar win one set, the mental edge might have made it so much closer,
especially if Karl somehow catches a negative attitude when he loses a close set.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny has 10:30 banks match.in main event room players on a short break

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,584