Please refund the money you owe!!

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Boo on this! Proficient is one of the best repair and restoration companies in the pool business. I've had several cues worked on by them, all for reasonable prices and they did excellent and timely work. Their name should not be on this thread!

Agreed on this!
This was more of a nothingburger than the start of this thread.
Proficient Billiards is awesome, even if they did sell a BSummers cue (which I still have yet to see, by the way)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.

CD -- how long do typically like to wait for a refund?

If it takes longer than a couple days it's because they don't have the money and very likely never will.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Brent, I don't know you but I see the situation.

You have a customer who would put a cockroach in the last bite of food only to tell the restaurant he wants it for free.

You gave him all the extras?

Why?

he seems like one of the good guys,
just like yourself

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Lol.

CD -- how long do typically like to wait for a refund?

If it takes longer than a couple days it's because they don't have the money and very likely never will.

Wrong, Brent said clear as day:

It took a couple days to have the butt shipped back to him.....

.....only THEN... did Hoppe change it up and ask to be refunded.

I don't know Brent Summers, I don't know the OP.

I'm going with Summers on making a clearly legitimate attempt at making it right, and this thread started with out any details. We got Brent's side...... take note:

WE STILL DON'T HAVE OP'S SIDE! Only that he contacted a lawyer, BBB, and all this other stuff. Still didn't post up with his 'facts'...... let it be known in case anyone missed it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP edited his first post to add his side.

To the OP, you bought qty 60 Richard Black cues?! Holly shit. What did you do with them? Just curious.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong, Brent said clear as day:

It took a couple days to have the butt shipped back to him.....

.....only THEN... did Hoppe change it up and ask to be refunded.

I don't know Brent Summers, I don't know the OP.

I'm going with Summers on making a clearly legitimate attempt at making it right, and this thread started with out any details. We got Brent's side...... take note:

WE STILL DON'T HAVE OP'S SIDE! Only that he contacted a lawyer, BBB, and all this other stuff. Still didn't post up with his 'facts'...... let it be known in case anyone missed it.

He did, you missed it.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it fascinating that people can take sides, some quite strongly, without knowing what really happened here. Brent told his story, but the OP had a lot of additoinal detail that Brent never mentioned.

I would say that the only details we can go on are the ones that both the OP and Brent agree on.

So, there was, indeed, a transaction. Refund was requested and agreed to by seller. Seems the refund is not as fast as the buyer wants.

Brent hasn't refuted any of OP's assertions.

Need more mutually corroborated information.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One question: did bringing this dumpster-fire on to this forum accomplish ANYTHING??? From where i'm sittin' it was done in bad taste/faith and a colossal waste of time. Have NO clue as to what happened exactly nor do i care. These two just need to meet in the OCTAGON and hash it out. THAT i'd watch.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
He did, you missed it.

You're right, I did miss it.

It's not often the first post is then edited.
It's all too often threads like this get started and nothing is what it seems.

I'll refrain from any more side-taking, getting more popcorn.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I will close with one more thing,

The nearly 3,500 views this thread got, has undoubtedly put a form of reputation on Mr. Summers and his cue business. So for the sake of the OP (and his lawyer he's apparently getting) You'd better be right. I haven't dealt with 60 Richard Black cues, I'm no collector.

But surely I'd be extremely careful of what I said on here about anyone with a related business. Be it cue-maker, book writer, instructor, or streamer, or player.

Starting threads like this are toxic, and here I am posting on it. I'm out, back to viewing.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it fascinating that people can take sides, some quite strongly, without knowing what really happened here. Brent told his story, but the OP had a lot of additoinal detail that Brent never mentioned.

I would say that the only details we can go on are the ones that both the OP and Brent agree on.

So, there was, indeed, a transaction. Refund was requested and agreed to by seller. Seems the refund is not as fast as the buyer wants.

Brent hasn't refuted any of OP's assertions.

Need more mutually corroborated information.

What kind of person goes on the internet to cry and complain? Not a man that’s for sure.
More like a little b!tch. The only reason you put this stuff online is to warn other like people of a person or business that you consider unscrupulous. And you do that once everything is resolved. With FACTS. That is doing everyone a service. It’s just my opinion, and I know many will disagree, but using this or any forum to put pressure on a person is gutless. You should have exhausted all the other options you mentioned before crying here and getting everyone all sitirred up. Buying a 3k cue is like buying artwork. You get what you get and don’t make a fit. If you didn’t know the makers policy on returns before you bought it than shame on you.

And for the record, the match game line was funny as hell.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of person goes on the internet to cry and complain? Not a man that’s for sure.
More like a little b!tch. The only reason you put this stuff online is to warn other like people of a person or business that you consider unscrupulous. And you do that once everything is resolved. With FACTS. That is doing everyone a service. It’s just my opinion, and I know many will disagree, but using this or any forum to put pressure on a person is gutless. You should have exhausted all the other options you mentioned before crying here and getting everyone all sitirred up. Buying a 3k cue is like buying artwork. You get what you get and don’t make a fit. If you didn’t know the makers policy on returns before you bought it than shame on you.

And for the record, the match game line was funny as hell.
Agree. Well said.

hoppecopy

Registered
Looks like Brent Summers block me after reading this: why does everything have to be a fight all I'm asking for is my money back after being lied to and deceived...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Looks like Brent Summers block me after reading this: why does everything have to be a fight all I'm asking for is my money back after being lied to and deceived...

poor baby. boo hoo. You can stop now Mr. Roy.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's hoping this gets worked out to the satisfaction of both parties.

I used to do a lot of business with custom knife makers. What I found was that for the most part, they are not great businessmen. From taking deposits (which should never happen, IMO) , to setting delivery dates they know there is not a snowball's chance they can meet, to taking aforementioned deposits and using the cash to buy more supplies/materials. Pretty soon they get hopelessly backed- up and can't get out from under.

I have also ran into countless nightmare buyers. Those that call or text daily wanting updates, those that try to lowball the maker, knowing they are going to flip it ASAP, those that go over every inch with a microscope and whine about any perceived microscopic imperfection...

I imagine the custom cue world has similar issues. Bottom line is that it takes two to make a deal go smoothly, and the deal is NEVER final until both parties are happy, and both parties should take an active role in making sure the deal goes smoothly.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need to do this on your own. Think you've got a pretty good idea that bringing this here wasn't the greatest move. NO ONE on this forum is going to close this case to anyone's satisfaction.