State of the art in streaming for billiards comparison

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sort of pool related, but Apple right now at 1pm EST is doing it yearly presentation where they introduce new products, and they are live streaming it on YouTube. (Before, it was only live streamed on their own website).

I thought this was neat to see from a pool streaming perspective, for two reasons:
1) See the production value of an unlimited budget.
2) See the number of views. There are 1.1 million viewers right now, and it started 5 minutes ago. I've never seen a stream that high. And who knows how many are watching on apple's site, probably even higher than 1MM.

Here is the link if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=996wliAI_y4

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sort of pool related, but Apple right now at 1pm EST is doing it yearly presentation where they introduce new products, and they are live streaming it on YouTube. (Before, it was only live streamed on their own website).

I thought this was neat to see from a pool streaming perspective, for two reasons:
2) See the number of views. There are 1.1 million viewers right now, and it started 5 minutes ago. I've never seen a stream that high. And who knows how many are watching on apple's site, probably even higher than 1MM.

"Unlimited budget" and "1.1million viewers". Those two facts alone make Apple's new stream totally un-relateable to pool. Pool will never have either one. Sad but true.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Unlimited budget" and "1.1million viewers". Those two facts alone make Apple's new stream totally un-relateable to pool. Pool will never have either one. Sad but true.
Yeah no thanks to naysayers like you!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah no thanks to naysayers like you!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Just stating facts. Unlimited budgets and million viewer streams will NEVER happen. But hey, its always nice to have a dream i guess.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course pool will never get here:)

I called it out as "the state of the art", so we can see the current limit.

Viewers are now 1.8M, 1 hr in (of 2 hrs planned).

The only hiccup I've seen is audio out of sync about one second. It does fix itself after a refresh, but then comes back in a few minutes.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol, looks like Apple moving away from own closed model to adopt other open channels like Youtube. Google, Microsoft, Amazon are innovating all over place surpassing them and this myopic closed system guys are standing still
Is the latest iphone 11 big improvements or just little iterations/gimmicky? Read that they are adding triple camera thing- hardly ever use such stuff. May switch to Galaxy soon. Just hate having to use itunes for transfer of video/music files and cannot transfer via USB. And no pen also. And also Android has much more better apps :(
Rant over :grin-square:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, looks like Apple moving away from own closed model to adopt other open channels like Youtube. Google, Microsoft, Amazon are innovating all over place surpassing them and this myopic closed system guys are standing still
Is the latest iphone 11 big improvements or just little iterations/gimmicky? Read that they are adding triple camera thing- hardly ever use such stuff. May switch to Galaxy soon. Just hate having to use itunes for transfer of video/music files and cannot transfer via USB. And no pen also. And also Android has much more better apps :(
Rant over :grin-square:

I have the 10 Max S

Not sure if I’ll update

As far as music goes, Spotify > Itunes/Apple Music

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom streamed the world 10 ball tourney from vegas on youtube. Think they got 2k viewers

Last edited: