For Sale: Huge 1 of 1 GINACUE Ernie Gutierrez Personal Cue for 40 Years

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Ernie built this cue in 1969. He used it as his cue, and then his break cue until I begged him to stop a few years ago, at which point he refinished it.

ernies1.jpg

ernies2.jpg

ernies3.jpg

ernies4.jpg

ernies5.jpg

ernies6.jpg

ernies7.jpg

ernies8.jpg

ernies9.jpg

ernies10.jpg

$16,750

Thanks

Kevin
818 317 0207

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
i saw this cue way back in 80s before ernie was making cues again

it inspired me to have several cuemakers make ivory wrapped cues

i would like to know the price if it is convenient for you

best wishes

dean

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow, unique offering for sure. Kev, what's the back story with the joint? I mean just wondering why if Ernie chose a big pin flat faced joint for his own player, he didn't go to that joint for all his cues.

Please PM me the price.

Thanks and GLWS!

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wow, unique offering for sure. Kev, what's the back story with the joint? I mean just wondering why if Ernie chose a big pin flat faced joint for his own player, he didn't go to that joint for all his cues.

Please PM me the price.

Thanks and GLWS!

I'm not Kev, but that is the Harvey Martin pin, which Ernie used
as the standard on his ivory jointed cues at that time, as did
Bert Schrager and others.

Dale

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Wow Kevin unique cue man!!!

Kevin, Must be nice being able to get these gems from Erni. I would be trying to figure out how to keep them all and break the bank.
Good luck on your sale, I'm afraid to even ask the number!
Dan Z

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys

Bill - I know! I'm glad Ernie signed it! I don't know if I can remember a Gina without the logo or the old Ginacue in a butt ring treatment. 1 of 1 baby.

Mitchell - I'm having Joe sift through the pics he took of the Silver Gina to see what joint Ernie put in that monster.

There has, of course, been lots of interest in this cue, but as of now, this baby is still available.

Thanks again

Kevin

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Those that know me know I don't keep lifetime players 3 days, let alone cues I'm selling. So here it is, 3 days and still available price reduction:

$See below

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
OK, I'm officially antsy to sell this monster

Price reduced to See below

As auctioneers like to say, "When you gonna see another of these?"
LOL, in this case the answer is "never".

Thanks

Kevin
818 317 0207

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys

Bill - I know! I'm glad Ernie signed it! I don't know if I can remember a Gina without the logo or the old Ginacue in a butt ring treatment. 1 of 1 baby.

Mitchell - I'm having Joe sift through the pics he took of the Silver Gina to see what ivory joint Ernie put in that monster.

There has, of course, been lots of interest in this cue, but as of now, this baby is still available.

Thanks again

Kevin

Kevin, that is the real deal. I want you to know I played Ernie some Banks more than once and he used that cue every time!
P.S. Ernie loves to play Banks! Another sick puppy.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Kevin, that is the real deal. I want you to know I played Ernie some Banks more than once and he used that cue every time!
P.S. Ernie loves to play Banks! Another sick puppy.

Jay

I figure you won using some old beat up warrior cue.

Good to see you posting.

Kevin

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Jay

I figure you won using some old beat up warrior cue.

Good to see you posting.

Kevin

A beat up ol' Gina for a while back in the day. Remember Jay's boomerang shaped Gina butt that he had "stored" under a spare tire in the trunk of his car that Ernie brought back to life a couple of years ago?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
A beat up ol' Gina for a while back in the day. Remember Jay's boomerang shaped Gina butt that he had "stored" under a spare tire in the trunk of his car that Ernie brought back to life a couple of years ago?

Of course I remember. I sold it on eBay as "Jay Helfert's Crooked Old Butt" for big bucks and the winner had Ernie but it back to perfect (Ernie used a piece of wood that he and his wife were storing Christmas tree lights around).

Do I remember ?..pffffffffffft...that's the highlight of my career as a cue pimp

helfert1.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I think that cue is in the doc I did with Ernie. He talks about how you can break with his ivory handle without it cracking but of you leave it in your trunk it will crack all by itself. Basically making the point that of you don't abuse his stuff it will last a very long time. I'm uploading the video to YouTube now actually. It was on Vimeo but Youtube should make it easier to find.

That visit to Ernies shop and the interview is still one the highlights of everything I have done in pool.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I think that cue is in the doc I did with Ernie. He talks about how you can break with his ivory handle without it cracking but of you leave it in your trunk it will crack all by itself. Basically making the point that of you don't abuse his stuff it will last a very long time. I'm uploading the video to YouTube now actually. It was on Vimeo but Youtube should make it easier to find.

That visit to Ernies shop and the interview is still one the highlights of everything I have done in pool.

For sure this was his break cue at the time of your interview. Thanks for reposting (and doing it in the first place) the interview, I was actually trying to find it for a friend a week ago.

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'm trying, I really am. New new revised price of $See Below

Maybe that will turn a "thinker" into an owner. I hope so.

Thanks

Kevin
818 317 0207

Last edited:

cliffy

Forever Remembered-DWBOD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Sure beats the sh*t out of all the nudie Giclees (sic) you been selling..............LOL!! Be well buddy!