Cue Maker / Ariel Carmeli

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd take a glance at the search function, seems some in this thread might not be a fan of his work, apparently the cue he made for Alex is similar to a cue Bob made, lol.

I think it is quite beautiful, your new cue. Congrats

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Nicest cue I ever owned was a Carmeli. Yep, everyone has that one story about the cue that got away... and this is mine. It was a Davis blank, with windows and veneers in the butt. Gorgeous. I sold it about 5 or 6 years ago. Wish I kept track of the guy that I sold it too so I could buy it back. Bought it from the guy who bought it from Martin. But, when the guy got home and the wife found out how much he spent, it was back up for sale. I got it at a hefty discount :)

Everywhere I played folks would comment on that cue.

Well I hope you find it someday, RJ. His cues are SWEET. :grin: :yeah:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Thought I'd take a glance at the search function, seems some in this thread might not be a fan of his work, apparently the cue he made for Alex is similar to a cue Bob made, lol.

Thanks, ST. The first time I saw it, I went... ummmmmmm. I WANT it! :grin-square:

Yeah, everyone who has a finger can type whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I just stick 'em on the "ignore" list. Then they can do whatever they *want* with their finger and *I'll* never know! :yeah:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never met anyone that plays with a Carmeli but I see a lot of them for sale. It almost seems to me that people just buy his cues and rotate selling them LOL

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I have never met anyone that plays with a Carmeli but I see a lot of them for sale. It almost seems to me that people just buy his cues and rotate selling them LOL

I've never seen any of his cues except what I saw on his site. But one thing I'm sure of, I'm NOT selling this one. When I saw it I wanted it for how it looked. And so of course when buying cue online, you're ALWAYS taking a chance you won't like the way it hits balls when you actually have it in your hands. That happened with the Joss ( east ) I bought in 2016 ( I ordered it from their site ). Beautiful cue but I didn't like how it hit balls. So, with this one, I was taking a chance the same thing might happen. But I had it shipped to the pool room so when I went and got it this morning, I hit balls with it immediately. And it hits them PERFECT. So, it has looks and functionality. It's a keeper!

:grin:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, Carmeli is WELL known and respected here! I know a guy who got one in a trade and his wife now plays with it. I saw it right after he got it and it's a gem!
Yours looks great and I'll bet it plays as good as it looks! I thought of getting one of his myself some years back but got a Kevin Varney instead.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Sure.. If you're referring to me, ya got me except I never said I wasn't a "fan" of "his" work. His build may be nice. I've heard he builds a solid cue. I'm not sure though since I've only seen a few, held less, and played with none..

What I did say is that he blatantly copied a Bob Manzino original design (Dueling Dragons) without asking or giving Bob credit in public. Something I've heard he's done with other makers work as well.

So you can "lol" all you want but I know Bob ain't laughing.

That said there are those like yourself, in fact too many IMO, who don't care about those things. Shame really. To each their own I guess.

As for the OP's cue, it looks nice and I hope he enjoy's his cue for a long time.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Mike, Carmeli is WELL known and respected here! I know a guy who got one in a trade and his wife now plays with it. I saw it right after he got it and it's a gem!
Yours looks great and I'll bet it plays as good as it looks! I thought of getting one of his myself some years back but got a Kevin Varney instead.

Hey P - Thanks, it's reallllyyyyy purty, huh? And hits 'em solid as a rock.

I had seen his name and knew he made cues but knew virtually nothing about him. But I asked around to people I trust here and he had GLOWING reviews. So I knew going in what to expect and I gotta say he exceeded my expectations. What a cue.

:grin:

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His cues are OK... had a few of them.... if you like cues like this I guess :)

picture.php

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well His cues are SWEET. :grin: :yeah:

I bought one.....and it hit SWEET....then it got STICKY....then it started to MELT.....
...then I realized...I had mistakenly bought a CARAMEL cue...:eek:

But on a more serious note...three long-time Schon users at our room have changed to
Carmeli after hitting with Alex’s cues.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His apprentice(eddie cohen) is also doing some nice work on his own nowadays. Never heard a bad word about his cues eother and they look very similar and he uses the same pin and flat faced joints mostly too,i think. Never heard anything but how good both of thems cues play.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I bought one.....and it hit SWEET....then it got STICKY....then it started to MELT.....
...then I realized...I had mistakenly bought a CARAMEL cue...:eek:

But on a more serious note...three long-time Schon users at our room have changed to
Carmeli after hitting with Alex’s cues.

Yeah, PT, I can't wait 'til my energy stores allow me to spend a few hours hitting balls with this thing. Right now, it's just not possible. But soon... very soon.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
His apprentice(eddie cohen) is also doing some nice work on his own nowadays. Never heard a bad word about his cues eother and they look very similar and he uses the same pin and flat faced joints mostly too,i think. Never heard anything but how good both of thems cues play.

He's been learning from one hell of a teacher, Jay.

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a few of his cues. All were purchased with Martin.Hit is very subjective, but I have to say when I swing any of his cues they just feel very good and just right. He definitely knows how to build anything you want to any specs you want. I was very picky on the last one I custom ordered through martin with the weight, balance point, custom shafts, wrap, everything. Every spec came out perfectly as I ordered it spot on. Truly a Master level custom builder.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the cue looks like a very fine balabuska copy. the points look funny but that may be the camera and not the stick.

ive hit one of his cues and it hit nice. nothing bad to say.

the only cues that ive ever hit from a maker that everyone hit perfect was balabuska. and mostly robinson. all the other great makers of the past had great hitting cues and not so great hitting ones.
i would go through 3 or 4 before i would buy one.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I own a few of his cues. All were purchased with Martin.Hit is very subjective, but I have to say when I swing any of his cues they just feel very good and just right. He definitely knows how to build anything you want to any specs you want. I was very picky on the last one I custom ordered through martin with the weight, balance point, custom shafts, wrap, everything. Every spec came out perfectly as I ordered it spot on. Truly a Master level custom builder.

The person I bought this from ordered it straight from Ariel and every spec, according to him, was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a cue that was any prettier and hits balls exactly the way I like. I was very lucky to get this cue, all things considered. I couldn't be happier.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
the cue looks like a very fine balabuska copy. the points look funny but that may be the camera and not the stick.

ive hit one of his cues and it hit nice. nothing bad to say.

the only cues that ive ever hit from a maker that everyone hit perfect was balabuska. and mostly robinson. all the other great makers of the past had great hitting cues and not so great hitting ones.
i would go through 3 or 4 before i would buy one.

Yeah, the photo doesn't do it justice, really. The points are perfect and razor-sharp. And the way cues hit balls is so subjective. My Joss ( east ), according to several people in the room, hits them great. I don't like the way it hits and haven't since I got it straight from Dan Janes. I have a re-done shaft for it now with a new, longer ferrule and I like it much better but I'm still not thrilled with it. That said, I had a Joss east many years ago that was PERFECT the way it ht balls, at least for me, but it was stolen out of my car. Such is life. This Carmeli hits balls perfectly, and that's all I can ask. I love it and I can't wait to get my energy back so I can spend hours and hours hitting balls with it.

Last edited: