Southwest Florida Reviews (Ft Myers/Cape Coral)

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
www.billiardbills.com
www.facebook.com/billiardbills
239.823.o4o8

I get a lot of requests about information of the pool halls here as Florida is a highly visited destination so I though I would give a pretty brief review of the pool halls here...

We have 5 pool halls here in the Ft Myers/Cape Coral area which are the two major areas here and they are right next to each other... Most of the pool halls here offer free pool during the day if you are drinking or eating something...

Below is a short description of each and and about how far from Ft Myers Beach they are.

SWFL Pool Halls:

Diamond Billiards- About 35 Minutes from the beach...
Diamond Billiards is the only PROFESSIONAL pool hall here in the area. They have ALL Diamond tables, with 3 Diamond Pro Am money tables in the front, about 10-12 Diamond 9 footers and about 10 Diamond bar box league tables. There is a lot of action there and especially in One Pocket. You may just run into Justin Hall as he plays out of Diamonds as well as Corey Deuel is the House Pro, however I have not seen him there in some time. If you like action and tight tables Diamonds is the place to play here. Last week out of season I was at Diamonds on a Tuesday from noon - 5 pm and just about every table was out and the place was jamming, I like to see that...

Rack'em Billiards- About 20 minutes from the beach...
Rackem Billiards would definitely come in at the #1 spot if you like loud music and a younger and fun crowd. They have 6 old Brunswick custom 9 footers and 3- 8 of the same in 8 footers. The tables may be old but were recently refinished by a Brunswick certified table guy with new rails, new pockets and all new nice felt ALTHOUGH it is RED (my least favorite thing about Rackems). I run a Wednesday night 9 ball tourney there. On the right night you MIGHT find some small action or maybe a few good players. Friday and Saturday nights are live music that WILL be loud and usually kind of punk/metal or alternative... Once again, fun tables to play on and a younger crowd.

Miscue Lounge- About 30 minutes from the beach...
The Miscue Lounge has been a staple for pool in Ft Myers for roughly 40 years or so. They do have about 10-12 9 foot old Robertson's Billiards Tables that I personally love when they have new felt. They have a great Sunday night 9 ball tourney that has been going on for a LONG time. The bad about the Miscue is that it is at the border of a not so great neighborhood. THERE IS NOT ANY TROUBLE INSIDE but personally, even though I am a 35 year old 6'1' 220 pound man that concealed carries in my truck, I still like to be out of there by sunset.

8 Ball Lounge- About 20 minutes from the beach...
Another long running pool hall in the Ft Myers area that has been there for roughly 40 years. The place is small but does have what I believe are Gandy's and GC's with 4 9 footers and about 10 more 8 footers. I do not go to the 8 Ball much anymore as it just is not where I frequent, but it used to be a pretty frequented place. It is in desperate need of a face lift and reeks of smoke but the tables are not bad and they do have a VERY good lunch and some of the best burgers and wings around.

B.A. Hustlers- About 30 minutes from the beach...
Probably my least favorite in the area but they have a wide assortment of furniture tables and one old Diamond. There is probably about 16 tables in there. They have a decent bar and decent food. There are a few players in there but not too many. Kind of a rednecky if you will kind of place.

Look me up before you come down and maybe I can meetup to play a few or direct you to the right place on the right day or night...

Pictures are of Diamond Billiards and Rack'em Billiards (Rackems has the red felt)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 7,650
  • Diamonds 2.jpg
    Diamonds 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 998
  • Diamonds 3.jpg
    Diamonds 3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 797
  • Rackems.jpg
    Rackems.jpg