DigiCue Blue Question

koolkatt58

Registered
Hello:

I was curious I got my Digi Cue Blue I really like it. The only problem I am having is when I try to sync to custom mode it will not sync and when it does the parameters I put in do not save. I play on intermediate I wanted to change the buzz to off, and change finish to 1.0 and backstroke pause to 0.1.
I am thinking that maybe the buzz parameter if you change it it will not take it. I am going to try it tonight and just change finish to 1.0 and see what happens. I am running Android 7.0 on a Moto G5 Plus phone. Anyone else having a similar problem. It works fine on the Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced modes it is just the custom.

koolkatt58

Registered
Just to update I was unable to sync so I have to change modes from the power button. I tried to sync from intermediate to beginner it will not do it. It is tough on intermediate to stay still for 1.5 seconds I will have to work on that. The device works so I am thinking it is the android app or my new phone on android 7.0 .

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to update I was unable to sync so I have to change modes from the power button. I tried to sync from intermediate to beginner it will not do it. It is tough on intermediate to stay still for 1.5 seconds I will have to work on that. The device works so I am thinking it is the android app or my new phone on android 7.0 .

This is the first mention I've ever heard of problems with 7.0. Could it be that you are pressing the double-press needed to sync, too fast or too slow? This is surprising.

koolkatt58

Registered
Nate:

Yesterday I was on the phone with Shane and we did it together and I got the message all done success. Then when I went to hit a shot it showed it was still in intermediate not custom. Also today I tried to just change the finish to 1.0 it just spins. Then I tried to change from intermediate to beginner I press it 2 times it just spins. Tried it many times. I think the device is fine it is either my phone or the app not sure. For now I am gonna just play on intermediate. I can change it by pressing the power button 5 times. The only other thing I could think of is to try to get it out and put it back in. What do you think? My phone is Android 7.0

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes I find the signal is too weak (maybe it's my phone case or signal strength) So I have to take the digicue off the cue, and rest it with the opening on top of the phone. I do not remove it from the rubber housing.

I press it twice when it asks me to sync. First I do it slow 1...2, then after a few seconds, I'll press it quickly 1,2.Then I leave it alone on the phone and wait.

If you get the success notification, you're all set to go.

If it doesn't work and times out, I find you have to exit the customization panel back to the shot menu, re-enter the customization menu, re-enter your changes, and try again.

If you try and re-sync again without leaving the customization menu, even if it gives you the all clear, it won't change any of the settings.

I use an android if that's relevant.

I've also noticed that my friends' phones will sync with less issues, so I think the issue is definitely on my end.

Last edited:

koolkatt58

Registered
Thanks Tony yes I think it is on my end too. I have to keep trying once I get it I will keep it that way. I am glad I am not the only one having that problem. I did take my case off the phone no success. I will try what you suggested and lay it on the phone.

southernfried

Registered
Like several folks in this thread and other threads on AZBilliards, I find the Digicue Blue will not sync custom settings on my phone or tablet. For the record, both use an Android operating system. That seems to be the common parameter for those unable to sync custom settings.

To be clear, I absolutely like the product. It definitely helped me identify flaws (too many to list here) in my pool stroke. The displays and items measured are invaluable and appreciated. Building this tool and packing all the measurement capability into something that fits on the end of a cue had to be a monumental task. It's unrealistic to expect it not to have some issues on initial release. However, it's still frustrating to be unable implement custom settings.

When I purchased the Digicue Blue, and a new phone to use with it, my goal was to make use of the custom settings for my use and also be able to quickly adjust them for members of my team when we get together for practice sessions during the league season. Neither of these goals are possible without purchasing another phone. Even then, since problems seem to be with Android phones, I'd have to buy an Apple iPhone to be sure I get something that would work.

Several posts suggest the problem might be signal strength. Since the phone doesn't have any problems logging shot data I don't think that's the case but if it is I suspect most users would gladly sacrifice some battery life on the Digicue Blue for reliability and ease of use.

What would be helpful is to somehow come up with a list of what works and what doesn't for us non-Apple fans. Knowing what works, as well as what doesn't, is helpful information.

Maybe folks using Android phones could simply list their phone and indicate if it works or not. I suggest a simple one line input that would show works? phone? carrier? (since most phones are "tweaked" a bit for each wireless company) and the Android operating system if known. Here's mine.

Digicue Blue Custom Sync? No, LG K20, Verizon, Android 7.0