Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Gold Crown 5 still not right!
Page 6 of 8 « First 456 78

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-14-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I’ve been playing on Brunswicks since I was a kid.
Monarch, Anniversary, and Gold Crown mainly.
So much of the good things that happened to me in pool were on these tables.
...I faded jacking up over pockets, name plates, score counters...even ashtrays..:

But they lost me as a fan starting with the GCIIIs.
The IVs had improved pockets....but they didn’t go far enough..and the first ten I saw
installed, some lumber had to be added for extra support.

I read a long book years ago on the car industry...American Big Three vs Japanese...
...early 50s, the engineers in America lost control to the accountants.
The same thing happened to Brunswick...their decision makers can’t hit the end rail.

I was at the 2015 DCC....those Diamonds played as good as any table I ever played on.
...and Diamond is still concerned about how a table plays.
They aren’t perfect like I dream about...but they’re the best we got.

Rest In Peace, John Brunswick....you were a good man...but your legacy has been dishonoured.
Diamonds are probably THE table to own. Cannot not argue that. I can’t get past the look of it for a home table. The GC 5 the OP has will get set up properly and he’ll love it. I love my 4. It’s not perfect but I’m not that fine tuned to notice the little things a pro or A player would pick up on. I might look toward a totally restored GC from Blatt. It’s not a 1 2 3 or 4 when it’s done. Its a GC. A no number GC. Anyway back to the OP. His 5 is a beautiful table. Will enjoy using and pride of ownership. He made a great choice. Fortunately AZB is here to help out. Without AZB he would be calling/dealing with Brunswick with no finish line. Same here.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 08-14-2019 at 01:23 PM.

KPS acquisition
Old
  (#77)
BJTyler
AzB Member
BJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond repute

KPS acquisition - 08-14-2019, 08:00 AM

Yes, in May of this year, KPS Capital Partners acquired Brunswick Billiards.

Here is the press release:

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...863540215.html

Below are the first 2 paragraphs...
------------------------------------------

NEW YORK, May 6, 2019 /CNW/ -- KPS Capital Partners, LP ("KPS") announced today that, through a newly formed affiliate, it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the fitness business of Brunswick Corporation, including the Life Fitness brand ("Life Fitness" or the "Company"), for approximately $490 million in cash.

Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment and game tables. The Company manufactures and sells its strength and cardiovascular equipment and billiards tables and accessories under the brand names Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group, SCIFIT and Brunswick Billiards. The Company's products are sold in more than 160 countries.

Old
  (#78)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

08-14-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJTyler View Post

NEW YORK, May 6, 2019 /CNW/ -- KPS Capital Partners, LP ("KPS") announced today that, through a newly formed affiliate, it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the fitness business of Brunswick Corporation, including the Life Fitness brand ("Life Fitness" or the "Company"), for approximately $490 million in cash.

Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment and game tables. The Company manufactures and sells its strength and cardiovascular equipment and billiards tables and accessories under the brand names Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group, SCIFIT and Brunswick Billiards. The Company's products are sold in more than 160 countries.
Read the quote I posted, dated May 6th, 2019. It starts out the same, right down to the 490 million, but then never mentions the billiards division, why are the two quotes different??

Old
  (#79)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJTyler View Post

See, here's the confusing part to me. I was at the BCA trade show last month and Brunswick was there as well. I talked with them and there was no mention of them being sold out, but they were interested in talking with me about making cloth glue down videos for them...why?

Old
  (#80)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Read the quote I posted, dated May 6th, 2019. It starts out the same, right down to the 490 million, but then never mentions the billiards division, why are the two quotes different??
The two quotes are different because the first one was issued by Brunswick, who closed the chapter on those divisions and doesn't want to talk about them, and the second was issued by the buyer, who wants people to know all about what they just bought.

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#81)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-14-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GideonF View Post
The two quotes are different because the first one was issued by Brunswick, who closed the chapter on those divisions and doesn't want to talk about them, and the second was issued by the buyer, who wants people to know all about what they just bought.
And if you read my quote, it was made by Brunswick Corp as well. But upon further reading, this was in fact a spinoff of Brunswick Corporation assets, not the sale of Brunswick's assets. A realignment of Brunswick's subsidiary corporation's.

Old
  (#82)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
And if you read my quote, it was made by Brunswick Corp as well. But upon further reading, this was in fact a spinoff of Brunswick Corporation assets, not the sale of Brunswick's assets. A realignment of Brunswick's subsidiary corporation's.
Glen,

Your quote is of a press release issued by Brunswick. The second one is a link to a press release issued by the buyer, not by Brunswick.

So they are different press releases issued by the two sides of the deal. They share an agreed content up to a point, but then the buyer added information to highlight the product that it just bought.

By the way, this is not uncommon in my experience. The parties to a deal have different things they want to emphasize to their customers/shareholders etc.

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#83)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 09:00 AM

Bruns. Billiards has been part of the Life Fitness division for quite a while. I doubt a whole lot changes post sale. That being said KPS are pretty major players and if something isn't making $$$ they'll change things up or sell it.

Old
  (#84)
iinokeii
AzB Bronze Member
iinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 10:44 AM

So, I emailed Brunswick directly. I was surprised to how fast they responded. I told them exactly what I've posted here. Table issues, Johnson Fitness, etc.. Kim at Brusnwick said she will reach out to K. at Johnson to get the issues fixed.

"K. Leker

Thank you, I will be happy to reach out to the dealer as we will need to work with them to correct the concerns."

A little bit of hope...

I also called and texted Trent from Toledo, have not heard anything back yet.

Old
  (#85)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-14-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinokeii View Post
So, I emailed Brunswick directly. I was surprised to how fast they responded. I told them exactly what I've posted here. Table issues, Johnson Fitness, etc.. Kim at Brusnwick said she will reach out to K. at Johnson to get the issues fixed.

"K. Leker

Thank you, I will be happy to reach out to the dealer as we will need to work with them to correct the concerns."

A little bit of hope...

If Brunswick sold its table manufacturing division, they wouldn't respond if they no longer owned it. Life fitness took over manufacturing the Brunswick tables in house instead of out of country for most of their tables.

Old
  (#86)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:

"K. Leker

A little bit of hope...

I called and talked to the President of Brunswick Billiards, and Mr. Blank did tell me that "Brunswick Billiards" is still it's own company, but the ownership of the parent company has changed hands, so...its like Jack in the box, it don't matter who owns the corporation, the stores are still Jack in the box......so now, who knows what's going to be changing in the future.

Old
  (#87)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:

"K. Leker

A little bit of hope...

Trent communicates. You’ll hear from him. Kim will most likely do nothing more than maybe call Johnson. You’ll make out better privately. Too nice of a table to have incompetent people touch it.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 08-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Old
  (#88)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-14-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
... ...its like Jack in the box, it don't matter who owns the corporation, ...
Well, no. Brunswick Corporation, the old owner, seemed to have very little interest in promoting Brunswick Billiards, a brand they owned. Brunswick Corporation has sold the brand and business to a completely different owner who may be a lot more interested in making the brand shine again. Or maybe they will sell it for parts. I think the sale could be very important.

Beyond that, Brunswick Billiards has not been "it's own company" for quite a while in the sense that they do not determine their own budgets.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#89)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-14-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Well, no. Brunswick Corporation, the old owner, seemed to have very little interest in promoting Brunswick Billiards, a brand they owned. Brunswick Corporation has sold the brand and business to a completely different owner who may be a lot more interested in making the brand shine again. Or maybe they will sell it for parts. I think the sale could be very important.

Beyond that, Brunswick Billiards has not been "it's own company" for quite a while in the sense that they do not determine their own budgets.
Unless you're talking boats👍

Old
  (#90)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post

Exactly. The people in Bristol don't own anything. Their new paymaster is KPS Partners or whoever they sell the Life Fitness assets to. You can bet that KPS's beancounters will take a hard look at every brand in the LF portfolio and look to make it profitable then sell it. That's what they do. They don't run businesses , they work to get them solidly in the black and then turn it.

Last edited by garczar; 08-14-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Page 6 of 8 « First 456 78

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: