Old
  (#31)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
bans should be reserved for people who actually threaten or menace others
...Posts and especially threads should be deleted only rarely and extremely selectiveley
The owners of the site don't have an obligation to host a free speech forum, and the tone of things here reflects, maybe unfairly but unavoidably, on them and their business.

And too much disruption, like the "wall of rant" (complete with cheerleading squad) we just witnessed, makes a forum uninviting. We saw what can happen when trolls strangled the life out of rec.sport.billiard, an unmoderated usenet forum.

And of course it's a much more pleasant place without the drama and much more likely to generate fun, useful talk. I've been banned more than once, but I can appreciate the need for some judgment calls by the mods.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#32)
medallio
AzB Silver Member
medallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-02-2019, 10:16 PM

I’ll still be open minded about cte but Mr. Shuffet had better figure out a way to explain it better because so far he hasn’t. Quite simply some people have better spatial perception than others and I think that perception combined with repeatable stroke is what separates good from great

Old
  (#33)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-03-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medallio View Post
I’ll still be open minded about cte but Mr. Shuffet had better figure out a way to explain it better because so far he hasn’t.
Nice to be able to make a simple comment like that without setting off a storm of loud objections, insults and general mayhem. Kinda like a “forum” where “conversation” happens.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#34)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Once again, what is uninviting is totally subjective. Why there just might be some that think the great PJ makes this forum univiting, and I am sure there are those that think the same of me.

Then again, it is totally subjective.

What is and is not uninviting on the forum is all based on personal opinions, bias’s and prejudices.

Old
  (#35)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
Once again, what is uninviting is totally subjective. Why there just might be some that think the great PJ makes this forum univiting, and I am sure there are those that think the same of me.

Then again, it is totally subjective.

What is and is not uninviting on the forum is all based on personal opinions, bias’s and prejudices.
Another good post...so true. But let's say you own a coffee shop where people of all backgrounds come to sip on coffee, eat bagels, and discuss varying opinions with polite civility. Occasionally someone will raise their voice, but they realize they've stepped out of bounds and they immediately tone it down. If they get too emotionally challenged they simply stand up and walk out.

Now imagine one person that continually goes off on people for what most would consider a minor issue, people that don't agree with him, and here he is out of control and calling them jackasses or morons, or telling them GFY. Some patrons sit quietly and try to ignore this guy, some yell back, some laugh. But the majority of patrons look to you, as the owner, to take control of the situation. Do you ask the guy to calm down? Do you threaten to have him barred from the place?

I think this is similar to AZ'Bs position when it comes to certain forums. Some things are entertaining, but there's a fine line between entertainment and annoyance.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 07-03-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: