Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Ohh the horror!! 45,000 Jim Beam bourbon barrels catch fire, destroy warehouse!!

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Ohh the horror!! 45,000 Jim Beam bourbon barrels catch fire, destroy warehouse!!
Old
  (#1)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Ohh the horror!! 45,000 Jim Beam bourbon barrels catch fire, destroy warehouse!! - 07-03-2019, 01:25 PM

Alcoholics Anonymous meetings will be packed tonight!!

Quote:
(CNN)A Jim Beam warehouse caught fire late Tuesday and firefighters are continuing to battle the massive blaze because of alcohol in the debris.
The warehouse, in Versailles, Kentucky, caught fire around 11:30 p.m. Police Lt. Michael Fortney said a security guard called to report the fire.
Forty firefighters from five counties helped battle the blaze. A second warehouse also caught fire, but that blaze was controlled.
The warehouse where the fire started has collapsed.

The warehouse contained 45,000 barrels of "relatively young whiskey," according to a statement from Beam Suntory, the parent company of Jim Beam.
"We are thankful that no one was injured in this incident, and we are grateful to the courageous firefighters from multiple jurisdictions who brought the fire under control and prevented it from spreading," spokeswoman Emily York told CNN in a statement. "Given the age of the lost whiskey, this fire will not impact the availability of Jim Beam for consumers."
Woodford County Emergency Management chief Drew Chandler said the warehouses are massive -- about the same area as a football field and six or seven stories high.
Fortney said there was lightning in the area Tuesday night and it's possible that it could have sparked the flames. Chandler said the fire had been way too big and hot to get a fire investigator near it. Even as the sun rose Wednesday, the blaze was still roaring.

8+ hours later, the fire continues to burn at this Jim Beam property in Woodford County. Emergency Management officials tell me they expect it to last for several more hours. @LEX18News pic.twitter.com/RHqJrQ36xd
— Alex Valverde (@AlexValverdeTV) July 3, 2019

Chandler told CNN the fire was purposefully being allowed to continue for several more hours so that it burned the less distilled spirits that are in the debris.
That will also help ensure any runoff from the firefighting efforts don't pollute nearby sources of drinking water.
Around 2:00 p.m., firefighters renewed their work to completely extinguish the blaze.
"They are beginning fire suppression and will hand the facility back over to the owner soon thereafter," Chandler said. "I anticipate local responders will clear the scene before dusk."

There is a risk that the fire could reignite, so they will continue monitoring it after it's put out.
In 2018, about 18,000 barrels of bourbon were lost when a warehouse in Bardstown, Kentucky, collapsed during building work. The bourbon run off killed about 1,000 fish in nearby waterways.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/ji...rnd/index.html

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#2)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-03-2019, 02:55 PM

That happened once before. Lightning strike. I was worried for a bit but they kept me supplied nicely.

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#3)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

07-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
That happened once before. Lightning strike. I was worried for a bit but they kept me supplied nicely.
I heard they lost about 1% of their inventory ... all young whiskey so the (minor?) impact won't be felt for years. In the meantime maybe you can develop a taste for better whisky

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#4)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-04-2019, 04:08 AM

Thank God it wasnt bacon.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#5)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

07-04-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
I heard they lost about 1% of their inventory ... all young whiskey so the (minor?) impact won't be felt for years. In the meantime maybe you can develop a taste for better whisky

Dave
Yes there are better whiskeys.
But you would be hard pressed to find a better bourbon then Jim Beam black.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#6)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Yes there are better whiskeys.
But you would be hard pressed to find a better bourbon then Jim Beam black.
Um no.
Incorrect.

Try Old Weller 107.

Looks like Buffalo Trace has gotten greedy and jacked up the prices though.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: